“Excellent Pizza”

Cotto Enoteca Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Cotto Enoteca Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 621 Restaurants in Burnaby
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kensington
Transit: Public transit stops approximately one block away from the restaurant. See translink.ca for routing details.
Description: Cotto Enoteca Pizzeria showcases modern Italian cuisine, specializing in authentic VPN certified Neapolitan pizza and comforting Italian dishes. The focal point of the restaurant is undoubtedly the wood fired brick forno. The menu is steeped in Italian tradition, though updated with West Coast sensibility and is presented in an approachable and informal setting. Cotto's simple, yet elegant cuisine features the natural beauty of local, sustainable and seasonal ingredients in an appropriate and sumptuous manner. Showcasing the best ingredients of British Columbia and the traditional techniques of Italy is the overwhelming inspiration behind Cotto Enoteca's kitchen.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

As per their advertisements, the pizza is a solid Neapolitan-style, best I've had in Vancouver. Ours arrived hot from the oven, with just the right mix of cheese and sauce. Atmosphere is cosmopolitan (esp. for Burnaby). Service is great and staff is friendly and professional.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Six of us went for dinner on Saturday and we were surprised that this early in the year, reservations would have to be a must...... This place has a great atmosphere, the presentation nice, the bread good, but sorry the Italian food tastes are just ok. Not worth the price we paid. Maybe our expectations were too much, but there is nothing extraordinary about this place, except maybe the great service we got from all the serving staff and roaming manager. There are better Italian restaurants in North Burnaby.....

1  Thank ngy
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We went for lunch here as I had heard many great reviews from newly landed Italians about the pizza. I ordered Pizza Margherita, which I have had many times while traveling in Italy. The pizza came and it was lukewarm at best. I had to hurry and eat it, as it was getting cold by the second. The underside of the crust was just barely cooked. The topping of tomatoe sauce was completely tasteless, and you could count the mozzarella on top. The pizza was cut into 8 wedges, I think I counted 3 small slices of cheese and 3 basil leaves. For dessert, I ordered a Crostata Cioccoata, which cost $8.00!! Highly, highly overpriced for the size,about 3" in diameter. I went, I ate and I will most definitely not go back.

2  Thank mammatVancouver
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The pizza is a solid Italian style pizza, not amazing, but still very good. Service is great and staff is friendly and professional. Drinks are priced a bit high, but you should still try the Spritz. Northern-Italian traditional anytime-of-the-day drink.
The rest of the menu offers a short but well assorted selection of pasta, fish and meat.

1  Thank IastyCanada
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Arrived at 6 pm on a Tuesday and it was nearly empty. . .the server was fabulous, informative, enthusiastic, and efficient. We split the calamari, which was just as described with a very light batter accompanied by salsa verde instead of the usual tzatziki and red onion. . . .wonderful! We also split a pizza which although described as a small, was more than enough for two. The restaurant filled up quickly after 6:30 and by the time we left it was almost full. Great food, we will return. My only very minor criticism would be the temperature of the food which arrived hot to the table but cooled off rapidly, perhaps the pizza which was plated should be served on a heated dish. As is typical of most restaurants, the tea was not hot. . .the server did refill the pot for me when asked and the second pot was warmer than the first.