“Awesome Food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Burnaby, Canada
“Awesome Food”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I popped in to Safari Snack House and Grill on Saturday to check out the food and I was not disappointed!

The place was packed and the lineup was out the door so I knew that the food was going to be Awesome.

I said to Karim – “just choose for me and make it enough for 4 people”. Off he went and set me up.

My family just raved about the fabulous, spicy food with so many different flavors and condiments. They said “this is real food, not restaurant food” and that is the ultimate compliment from my gang.

Anyone who is looking for a flavor of Africa, check out Safari – these guys are Epic and you can taste the love in their food!

• Visited December 2013
5 Thank jobro67

Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Truly Surprised....A MUST TRY.”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We were expecting African food menu...However we were very pleasantly surprised that it was an Indian food restaurant that had African spices added to their foods....Very flavourfull and light. Had the Butter chicken with rice (specials of the day) and we also tried their Grill Combo....Never tasted it like that that...very light and flavourfull.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank wayne N
Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
“Loved every bit of it!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

What attracts us to this restaurant is the warm and friendly atmosphere. They go out of their way to please their customers and make them feel welcome. The food is top notch. Each time we visited there we were left with a memorable experience.

• Visited October 2013
4 Thank Anne W
Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
“Wonderful 65th birthday celebration”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

The food was fabulous. We got way more than our moneys worth. It was a real CELEBRATION (of a 65th birthday and wonderful service from Karim, Joanne and the whole staff). We were introduced to this fabulous restaurant a couple of years ago by a dear friend and chose the Safari Snack House and Grill for a birthday feast. The combination of food flavours (African and Indian) and being a part of this wonderful restaurant family was more than worth the trip in from Abbotsford. For a new experience - I encourage you to go - SOON. You will not be disappointed!!

• Visited October 2013
4 Thank Kathy M
Whitby
“Vancouver areas best kept secret for Indian Food!!!!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Fellow food lovers. Our friends could not stop raving about their meal and we decided to give it a shot! Best decision ever!!!! It met my expectations and beyond, heck I would make the trip from Seattle to Burnaby on Sunday mornings only for their Samosas, Kababs and specials of the day!!! The seating is limited, customer service is comparable to a very generous host who has invited you home for a fabulous meal.

Safari Snack House and Grill is known for their Samosa's but what I found out is, they serve freshly made specials of the day every day so the menu is different on daily basis. Its hard to see the small seating area when you come to the restaurant. There might be a little bit of wait time depending on what time you get there. We barely waited for 10 minutes last weekend!!! They serve unlimited chutneys and masala chai. The best part is their samosas and kababs which is served fresh and hot. (to die for)

The thing to keep in mind is menu items are very reasonable and portions on main dishes are enough to feed two. Among 5 people we bought a few snacks, drinks and specials of the day for all under 40 Canadian dollars!!!! Absolutely a must go place as soon as you cross the border from US to Canada or on your way back!!!

• Visited November 2013