“Food is like slop”

Dining options: Reservations
Los Angeles, California
“Food is like slop”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I ordered the "kleftico" and it was like slop fit only for the pigsty.

My wife ordered the chicken souvlaki and it was so-so.

We also ordered a saganiaki and I really don't know what kind of cheese they used. It certainly wasn't the cheese made from sheep's milk that is supposed to be used for this dish.
Try another Greek restaurant, but not this one.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Renren Y

• Greek first
Vancouver
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“poor unappetizing kleftico shoulder lamb scraps of meat”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Hi everyone... I and my two sons ate here today and had the worst food that a greek
restaurant serves... This restaurant is in the Entertainment book coupon so its two for one and that may explain why the food we selected on the menu was terrible...

first the calmari and greek salad was satisfactory but when we order our favourite greek lamb kleftico (which is the shoulder lamb) to our dismay its was a dish with scraps of lamb meat , pile of rice and half of a potato... We have been to many many Greek restaurants in the Vancouver area and always order the Kleftico which is a large roasted lamb shoulder with all the trimmings bones etc.. and very juicy BUT
at this restaurant the dish as noted had dried lamb mashed meat scraps with rice and one small potatoe...I can assure you that we did went to this restaurant before and had the juicy bone large shoulder lamb...so I think this restaurant is cutting corners and serving poor unappetizing kleftico as note here...scraps of mashed meat...

When I ask the waitress whats this and where is the juice shoulder lamb with the bones she said that the meat falls off the bones and they dish it out... I say that portion control and dries out the meat....

I will not recommend this restaurant and certainly for 17.00 a plate of lamb scraps on rice is not what I envision of a Kleftico shoulder of lamb....

There are other greek restaurants in town that served the traditional lamb Kleftico...

The lamb scraps on the dish were so unappetizing and dried up I just told them to box it and take it home ....did not enjoy eating here

freechoice

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank freeVacations
Calgary, Canada
“excellent choice”
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Great food, wonderful service. We went for lunch and got a great table by the window. Nice relaxing lunch.

West Vancouver, Canada
“Consistently delicious with great friendly smiling service :)”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Colin and I always enjoy a meal there before a Giants hockey game. He loves the lamb chops, I love the Sfinaki Deluxe. Always great food, good portions, smiling friendly service that remembers us, tasty coffee if we have time. and of course the 'secret' candy jar of Greek candies to dip into before we leave. Love the decor, and if we reserve early enough, we get the 'private' window seat and watch the goings on outside.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank sashaspal
Comox, Canada
“Yummy”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We were staying in the area and found this restaurant by chance. DH and I both like Greek food so this seemed like a good choice and the food did not disappoint. They were quick to seat us and take our orders. The food was a little slow in arriving (about 20 minutes), but it was tasty. The gyros were great - often I find there is not enough sauce in other establishments, but there was plenty here. I did find it a little odd that along with the gyro and rice, they served fries. I would have prefered pita and humous. Our daughter was somewhat uncertain as to her choice, but decided on a chicken skewer and humous and enjoyed both very much. They were also slow in getting our bill to us - we had been finished for quite awhile and had to go and get it.

• Visited August 2012