“Great hotel for the price”

Happy Day Inn Hotel
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Burnaby
vancover, bc
“Great hotel for the price”
Reviewed May 14, 2006

I was there for 5 nights. It was clean, the bed was comfortable, the service was freindly and helpful. My only complaint is that it's located in the East end of Burnaby, making it inconvenient and a good distance from the action. But I had a car so it was not a big issue. Bottom line: I'd gladly stay there again and it's the best value I've found.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank retox21

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Deerfield, Illinois
Reviewed May 2, 2006

I stayed here from April 22-29, 2006, and found it to be a pleasant, unpretentious motel. The A/C kept the room pleasantly cool, the front-desk staff was accommodating, and the #106 bus stops one block away. It is in a quiet neighborhood, which is good for sleeping, but it is a 40-minute ride to downtown via the aforementioned bus and the Sky Train. They also offer a free breakfast. The choices were meager, but the donuts and apples were fresh every morning and quite good. Even the house-keeping staff was quite friendly and pointed out attractions for me to see on some days. All-in-all, a great value for your hard-earned dollars and a good place to spend the precious little vacation time you get! I would stay here again if I returned to Vancouver.

• Stayed April 2006
2 Thank TravelGuyChicago
Reviewed March 5, 2006

I can't say I will ever go back to Happy Day Inn....they could not pay me to stay there...

From the hair on the bed (no mine), the smells, the broken down everything...I have never been in such a bad place.....

would not recommend to anyome.....

• Stayed March 2006
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 6, 2006

Even if I had to live in my car, I would not go back to Happy Day Inn.

Everything, the room, the smells, the noise, the hair on the bed/shower, and the breakfast was

horrible.....

I would recommend you stay away.

James.

• Stayed January 2006
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 17, 2005

If you're traveling on a tight budget, this motel is a very good choice. The facility is kind of old, but clean. The front desk is very freindly, and the muffin in the continental breakfast is delicious. Bring your own laptop and you would have free wireless internet access. If you plan to stay more than 7 days, do check out the weekly special rate for the mini suite!

• Stayed October 2005
4 Thank Shirley7775
Reviewed September 5, 2005

I would have to say that my wife and I have done our fair share of travelling, and by far this was the WORST hotel we have ever seen!!!!!!!

1. The sheets looked like they had not been washed in weeks, and there was a lot of hair on them......

2. The smell was worst then the sheets.

3. The air conditioning system looked like it had been there for 20 years, and was not working that well.

4. The key to the door would not work, I still do not know why.

5. The breakfast, well I only lasted for 15 min's (paid for my room) and then left to find another hotel....so I don't know about the breakfast, but I was not willing to find out....

I would not recommend staying here to anyone.... feel free to e-mail me if you want more information.....I just dont think anyone should stay at the hotel.

Paul.

• Stayed September 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 2, 2005

I was a little hesitant about staying here due to the cost I didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised at my accomodations. I recently spent 3 nights at the Happyday Inn in Burnaby during my Vancouver visit and would recommend this place to others who are looking for simple, clean and wallet friendly accomodations. There was one problem, my web discount wasn't applied although it is advertised on their website. Ensure you get your invoice at check-in and take a good look at it to make sure you receive your discount if you book online.

The motel is located right the the end of Edmonds where it meets 6th. It is near the New West/Burnaby border and just a few blocks to Canada Way.

There are many restaurants and shopping opportunities all within walking distance and there us a bus route that runs right past the motel. Parking is free for guests and there is a lot of parking space available.

Note that if you have problems with stairs to ask for a ground level room as there is no elevator to rooms upstairs.

The motel also provides a free continental buffet style breakfast for all guests. There is an ice machine in the main area and a vending machine that supplies drinks as well.

If you are planning on ordering in for your meals make sure you take a boot around the area to pickup some delivery menus - the phone book and the motel directory were of little help to us when it came to menus.

The motel also offers touring packages for guests that want to see the attractions and surrounding areas with a guide.

One thing that blew us away was their air conditioning system, they were FANTASTIC! We travelled during a heat wave and we were very grateful for the fast acting air conditioner they have in the rooms. The mini fridge was also in great working order unlike some places I've stayed at before my drinks didn't take forever to get cold!

I'd stay at this place again as I had an enjoyable time there and the staff was efficient and friendly.

Their website has more info on rates and you can access their touring info from there too:
(---)

17 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnaby
Willingdon Heights
Maywood
Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown
The Met Hotel
#2 of 3 in New Westminster

Been to Happy Day Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!