“Transferred from a less desireable location.”

Executive Suites Hotel Burnaby
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Burnaby
Toronto, Canada
“Transferred from a less desireable location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was originally booked at a Best Western that was close to where I was going to be working during my trip. Once I arrived there, the room was terrible and the location was very questionable and I didn't feel comfortable or safe at all, since I was traveling on my own for work. I got moved to the Executive Suites, which were recommended to me by a co-worker. Immediately I was thrilled at the location and felt that there were a lot of restaurants within walking distance. I had a rental vehicle for the length of my stay, but the skytrain is only a short walk and would take you straight downtown Vancouver no problem. The room could have used a little updating, but overall it was clean and I had a comfortable stay. The fridge freezer wasn't cold enough to keep things frozen and I ended up having to throw some things out, and the buffet breakfast wasn't as appealing as I had expected. However the complimentary massage was AMAZING! I have never been to a hotel that offered this service. Ida was super friendly and made you feel relaxed and right at home. It was a nice treat to get a relaxing massage after a long days work. Would definitely come back for that. Overall, was a definite upgrade from my first hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
GMBBY, General Manager at Executive Suites Hotel Burnaby, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time out to comment on your stay with us. I am so glad to know that you appreciated our hotel and its services specially the 15 minute Massage. I apologize regarding the fridge in your room but we have looked at it and repaired it. I am hopeful of your continued patronization and look forward for your next stay with us.

Bhupinder Gill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Vancouver Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

A business trip led me to this hotel for 4 nights. The actual property is not visually or aesthetically appealing, being tightly surrounded by parking lots and businesses, but I guess that is life in the city. Certainly don't stay here for the views and landscape. Having said that the location is central and the staff provided attentive service. My first impression was positive. My room on the third floor rear was spacious, with a sitting area, kitchen area, and bedroom at the back. The bathtub was a spa type, probably take 30 gallons to fill it. Old school.
I appreciated the variety of power outlets at the work desk, some hotels are outdated in that respect, and I need to plug in several items.
A couple of small things led me to think that they haven't finished updating this hotel yet, the main item being fairly grubby, worn taps in the main lobby lavatory which seems strange as they are front and centre in terms of anyone passing through the lobby and needing washrooms. I didn't like how the paper towel dispensers worked there either, I found myself waving at them like an orchestra conductor for ten seconds trying to get the thing to spit out a piece of paper to dry my hands on. All in all I slept well, found lots of restaurants nearby to provide a little selection for dinner, and I liked the chefs soups at lunch.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time out to comment on your stay with us. I have taken notice of your observations and will be working on improving services pointed by you. I am hopeful of your continued patronization and look forward for your next stay with us.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Location is good, rooms are older and could use updating. Very good staff and service. Nice and quiet on top floor at the back of hotel. Bed was good. Overall good for the price. You must pay for parking but the location is in a busy area for parking so we were not surprised. We would stay here again as the price was right and the location was convenient.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time out to comment on your stay with us. I am so glad to know that you appreciated the Location. I have taken notice of your observation regarding our rooms condition and would like to inform you that we are continually investing to improve our rooms. We have put new mattresses in all rooms and I am Glad you like them. I am hopeful of your continued patronization and look forward for your next stay with us.

Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

As I have very little interest in using the internet, therefore, little experience, I unknowingly was misdirected to a hotel reservation site to make a hotel reservation in order take a patient to an urgent medical appointment. When the appointment was moved forward I ran into major problems with the reservation site. Going way above the call to duty, Payam stepped forward to rescue me. The kindness of the staff did not stopped there, however, as every single one of the staff that I encountered were more then generous with they smiles, comments, and attention to our comfort. Their concerns for our family members, support, and desire to help was extremely beneficial in helping reduce our stress. The room was very clean. We had all we needed to make our stay as comfortable as possible. Payam and the front desk staff even took time out of their busy schedule to show us how to navigate the computer system. Plus, I now have the hotel phone number so I can call direct.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time out to comment on your stay with us. I am so glad to know that you appreciated the service excellence of our staff specially Payam. I am hopeful of your continued patronization and look forward for your next stay with us.

Regina, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

This place is near Gilmore sky train station which makes it handy. There's also a grocery store about a block away to grab breakfast items etc.
There were ants in my room so I kept my food things in the fridge. I did tell reception I saw some ants and they said they could move me if I saw more. I saw two every day I was there. They didn't bother me but not great to see.
The rooms are a little dated and worn but beds were clean and comfy. It would be handy if they provided a channel listing for the cable, I couldn't find a schedule channel so endless surfing ensues.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ProudCanuck
GMBBY, General Manager at Executive Suites Hotel Burnaby, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time out to comment on your stay with us. I have made note of your comments regarding issues in you room and we have take the required steps to ensure the issues don't occur in the future. I am hopeful of your continued patronization and look forward for your next stay with us.

Victoria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

So after a not great reservation experience (and TA vent) we have arrived to a very warm welcome and beautiful room. We haven't explored the hotel because we are too comfy in our room.
Franco was outstanding in his response by phone and Payam made us feel exceptionally welcomed.
The hotel is very nice, clean and well appointed. They have definitely turned my experience to a very positive one. Although I still maintain my advice: avoid the call centre!

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time out to comment on your stay with us. I am so glad to know that you appreciated Turn around of your concerns.. Thank you very much for highlighting Members of our Team for their Service Excellence. I have delivered your compliments to him. I am hopeful of your continued patronization and look forward for your next stay with us.

Bhupinder Gill
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnaby
Maywood
Element Vancouver Metrotown
Maywood
Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown
Atrium Inn Vancouver
#57 of 89 in Vancouver

Been to Executive Suites Hotel Burnaby? Share your experiences!