“Great business suite”

Executive Suites Hotel Burnaby
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Burnaby
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Big room including a separate business suite.
Do your office stuff in the suite...and sleep in your room.
Huge Jacuzzi bathtub....
Great restaurant and pleasant staff.
Walking distance to the Sky-train.
Only one negative comment: Room air is a bit stuffy....Carpets need cleaning or changing.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for 8 nights in early April this year. One day before my arrival, I called the hotel trying to confirm my reservation and learned that the hotel did not have my reservation details. As I had already made payment for this booking via Air Canada, I need to contact Air Canada to clarify the problem. However, the front desk staff, Mr. Daryl Shipanoff, offered his assistance and solve the problem. I found Daryl so polite, professional, helpful and friendly. He saved me time to seek for help from Air Canada. However I found the housekeeping service left a lot to be desired. My room safe was not working smoothly and the hotel sent a guy up to my room to help. This Asian-look guy with a miserable face showed his impatience and attitude to explain the operating procedure of the safe with a rude manner. This was the only shortcoming of my stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
ExecGMB, General Manager at Executive Suites Hotel Burnaby, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to offer such valuable feedback.

Please accept my apologies for the manner in which our team member treated you while attending to your in room safe and for housekeeping falling below your expectations. We pride ourselves on staff friendliness and cleanliness.

I was so happy to hear that Daryl went the extra mile to meet your needs and this is what we have to expect from every employee.

Thank you for choosing Executive and please feel free to contact myself or Daryl directly when planning your next trip to the Greater Vancouver/Burnaby area.

Bruce Marks
Regional Director of Operations and
Executive Hotel and Conference Centre, Burnaby

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We had an extended stay (20 nights) at the Executive Hotel and found the location perfect for planning meals. There is a Save-On-Foods store just down the road and various restaurants within walking distance. The room was perfect for our needs... living space with a kitchen area (including a large fridge, microwave, sink, and cupboard space) and a separate bedroom. The microwave is only small, but works great. The jacuzzi tub in our room was nice as well. There is a a TV in the living room area as well as in the bedroom. However, when we first arrived I viewed a different room that just had a TV in the bedroom, so it might be something to consider when booking your room. The weather was nice enough for us to take a dip in the pool during our stay. It was very nice - heated and very clean... not sure about the hot-tub though. The cleaning staff were very friendly and efficient. They always had our room refreshed when we came back from our daily trips. The front desk staff were very polite and professional. They were very helpful as well, willing to assist us with carrying extra bags or groceries up to our room. We had a very pleasant stay and would highly recommend this hotel to others.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed at the Executive Inn for only one night, but it was very nice. Our room had a separate bedroom. The furnishings were up to date and very comforable. The decor was very nicely done. Very cozy. The other very nice thing was that it was very quiet. The staff was very polite and accomodating. The cost was very reasonable. Will be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We find this hotel very convenient when visiting our daughter. The Front desk service is very professional and staff very helpful. The price for a double suite is reasonable and the room comfortable. Sky train station Gilmore is just down the road so can get into Vancouver very easily without battling the traffic.
We shall continue to stay here on our trips from Vancouver Island.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I was recently in Burnaby for a turnaround at the Chevron facility and needed a hotel that could accomodate my crew of 42 guys for three weeks. While on a pre job meeting we went into the Executive Inn and met Darrell and ask him if they would be able to accomodate us. Turned out to be one of the best stays I have ever had in my ten years of travelling for work! Not only did Darrell accomodate me and my crew, he went above and beyond on a daily basis to ensure our needs were met! One of the nicest managers I have ever met, cannot say enough good things about him.

Rooms: Fantastic! I felt right at home for my stay there, as I was put into a King Jacuzzi Suite. When a guy is travelling it is nicve to have something like that to come back to after a 12 hour shift. Setup was great! (not to mention the great view of the pool! ;)

Food: Wow!!! The Eggs Benny was absolutely amazing! Not to mention the burger and beer deal. Amazing.

Location: Perfect. My crew was able to walk to all the close amenities, such as Save On for groceries, Boston Pizza or Cactus Club for dinner out, and the skytrain station if they wanted to head downtown.

All in all I would recommend this hotel to anybody passing through the Burnaby or Vancouver area or looking for a place to call home for a few weeks. Thank you to the Executive for such a good stay, and I look forward to seeing you again soon!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your positive feedback.

We were all delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay and the King Jacuzzi Suite.

Thank you for choosing Executive.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Bruce Marks
Regional Director of Operations and
Executive Hotel and Conference Centre, Burnaby

Reviewed March 28, 2013

What a treat at the end of a long day. I have stayed several times at the Executive Inn Bby over the past several years. Eda always remembers me and takes great care of you. Can't beat the room rates with such nice complimentary services and great staff!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnaby
Maywood
Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown
Maywood
Element Vancouver Metrotown
Atrium Inn Vancouver
#59 of 92 in Vancouver

Been to Executive Suites Hotel Burnaby? Share your experiences!