“Outstanding experience”

Executive Suites Hotel Burnaby
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Burnaby
Reviewed November 7, 2011

All I can say is GREAT place to stay. The staff is the friendliest group I have encountered in a hotel. All my needs were met with kindness and consideration. There is a wonderful restaurant in the Hotel (Tivoli's) you won't be disappointed. If you are coming to Burnaby and you are looking for a great hotel experience then the Executive on Lougheed should be your first choice.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed November 1, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while in town on business. I chose it due to its proximity to our office but was also happy that it was very close to restaurants, some shopping as well as public transit itself.

The hotel itself was a blend of updated and outdated. On the exterior you're not really sure what the inside will be like. The lobby is more welcoming and updated. The elevator is slow, squeaky and a tad frightening. Upon exiting the elevator on my floor you observe several glass blocks to give the impression of windows. The glass blocks are outdated and, to my surprise on entering my room, actually act as a "window" between the living space in my room and the hallway? I found this odd and creepy. It was nice that there was at least a blind over them that you could close which made it a bit better.

The room itself was nice. I loved having a fride, microwave and basically a partial kitchen. My biggest dislikes were:

1) the comforter - yuck. It was clean, don't get me wrong, but these days most places do duvets.

2) finishing touches - this was a variety of things. Simple things like getting rid of old brass fixtures. Also fussier things - I'm a bit of a clean freak and there were corners that looked like the vacuum hadn't reached them in a long time or finger prints all around the door knob on the bathroom door.

Overall decent hotel and location. With a few tweaks it could be amazing.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank xtinecarmen
Reviewed September 25, 2011

This is my fifth time staying at this hotel for business. On weekends they seem to have large group bookings (like sports teams, weddings) and the hallways are extremely noisy from 10 pm to 3 am when they finally settle guests. Last stay a lacrosse team was staying on our floor, so they propped open all their doors and sat chatting across the hallways, and also wandered about until all hours. This stay there was a highschool reunion & between 1 am and 3 am drunk guests were chatting & laughing in the hallway and it was a nightmare to try to sleep !!
Parking now costs $6 per night, but if you are there for an event it's free ??? I didn't understand that concept since on event nights you cannot park anywhere in the front or back and are directed to a shared lot about 1 city block from the hotel - it's dark, unmonitored and I refused to park there - so when the event ended at 1 am and cars started to leave the lot I had to get up and move our vehicle.
The rooms are clean and comfortable, but the elevator stinks like people smoke in it. Front desk staff are always nice. If you are looking for a quiet hotel for a good night's sleep, bring earplugs !!

Room Tip: Don't try to use the wireless connection if you are on the 4th floor - use wired internet.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This hotel is very nice which locate very close to some good restaurants near by. We stayed for 2 nights but we did not eat inside the hotel as we found many restaurants and fastfood places nearby. We found that this hotel only has one elevator which is quite slow and we only take the elevator going up but we walk down the stairs when we go out.
You need your room key to take the elevator but you do not need any room key to take the stairs which we found quite rediculous and this could also be a security concern here.

The hotel staffs are very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank tpkscinc
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We spent 2 nights at this hotel. When we arrived the reservations clerk, was very friendly and polite, and gave us an upgrade on the room that we had booked. The room was very nice. It had a separtate sitting area, small kitchen (no stove) and had a jetted tub in the washroom. The bed was very comfortable. The outside pool was very nice too. And the hotel was close to the skytrain. All in all it was a great place to stay, and will be sure to stay there again, when visiting Burnaby

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Go every year for a football and baseball game and always stay at this Hotel. Great staff, shuttle to wherever, and huge rooms with all the amenities. Even had a Jacuzzi in the room this year. Thanks to Daryl and his staff. Well worth the value.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view room with balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2011

The staff makes every stay there Fabulous! They remember your name, always have a smile on their face, and willing to assist in any way possible. I am on the road 200 nights a year and have to say, the Executive Hotel Burnaby is my favorite. Having stayed at a number of 5 star hotels over the years; I rarely experience top service like they provide. I guarantee, you will not have a more pleasurable stay at a hotel than at the Executive Hotel Burnaby.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnaby
Maywood
Element Vancouver Metrotown
Maywood
Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown
Happy Day Inn Hotel
#8 of 10 in Burnaby

Been to Executive Suites Hotel Burnaby? Share your experiences!