“Great ambiance, flirty servers, greasy grilled cheese” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Joey Burnaby

Joey Burnaby
Ranked #11 of 586 Restaurants in Burnaby
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Bar, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Free parking if you drive, and skytrain if you don't. Rooftop lounge and a big, comfy dining room.
Burnaby, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great ambiance, flirty servers, greasy grilled cheese”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I don't mind going to this particular location once in a while. It's close to my work. There is, generally speaking, something for everyone on the menu. Ample parking, spacious interior, and chatty (and flirty) servers. Food-wise, I have to say the staples are fail-proof. If you are going for something a little different or ethnic, I wouldn't expect too much, but why would you ever order sushi or butter chicken at Joey's? Okay. I've ordered butter chicken once. It was mediocre. Their pasta dishes are great, especially the chicken alfredo. I have to tell everyone, though, that I ordered their lobster grilled cheese sandwich for lunch once and I felt really gross for HOURS after that. It was a bad idea - it was so greasy and not yummy at all. I'll take the calories, but if I am maxing out on my daily calories in one meal, it's gotta be delicious. This was the one item on their menu that really failed that day. Perhaps it's just one day but I shall never find out because I will not ever order it again!

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Karen S

Vernon, Canada
“Best Wings ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

On a Saturday night, Joey's is a popular place. There were about 10 people waiting for tables but when the hostess asked if I was okay with sitting at the bar and I said I was, she ushered me right in. Just had the wings and a beer. I like hot/spicy wings and these were just perfect for me. They were served with a creamy blue cheese dipping sauce which is another favorite of mine. I do have to say though that my wife likes neither but for me it was great and unfortunately she was not able to accompany me on this trip. The servers are very friendly, prompt and courteous and sitting at the bar, I had a bird's eye view of how efficiently they work. Cudos to them. They deserved the 25% tip.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank MartinH104284
Burnaby BC
“Over-rated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

In the same class is Earl's, Cactus Club and Brown's - except a bit pricier. Frequently poor service, as the staff seem more concerned with each other then their customers. Overrated food. I'll always prefer a local pub over this over-priced, pretencious chains.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank gstamford
Calgary, Canada
“A great evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

What a wonderful experience.

This was our first time to the restaurant and the server was extremely friendly. Ambience was incredible and the food was great and reasonably priced.

Very trendy!

1 Thank Cgyguy30
new westminster
“chill and relaxed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

The service is great, the food is delicious and the atmosphere is chill and relaxed. The lobster ravioli is so good especially with the lemon dill sauce, their burgers and their tuna salad are great, tooo, but the portions werent that great for the price you were paying. Greeted warmly at the door by extremely friendly staff. If there is a wait, you can sit on the comfy sofas and relax. A good place to have lunch or dine in.

Visited October 2012