“Nice comfortable hotel”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Burnaby
St. John's, Canada
“Nice comfortable hotel”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Spent a week here on business and the hotel is comfortable and quiet. There is some construction in the area but I did not hear a thing in my room which was nicely appointed and a very good value. The hotel is close to the skytrain which allows easy access to many areas around Vancouver including the waterfront and is right across from a mall complex. There are several restaurants within walking distance which also provide a good value.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank NLtrout
whargreaves, Director of Sales at Hilton Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for the review and we are pleased that our property and location worked well for your stay. The proximity to transportation, shopping and restaurants is definitely a plus for our guests.

Take care and see you again soon,

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Edmonton
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Was looking for a decent hotel in the area and the Hilton Metrotown was the only one. Stayed at a few others in around the area and this one is notches above. Great customer service at the front desk as I was greeted right away and quickly given my keys to the room. I didn't realize my hotel room booked came with the Opal lounge access which was a nice bonus.

The room wasn't anything spectacular however it was spacious, comfy and the bed was comfortable to sleep in. All I could ask for when staying for business.

I took a quick trip up to the Opal lounge in the evening and was treated to some hors d'oeuvre however none of the alcohol was free. A bit disappointing since I've experienced others that offer it gratis however it was a nice touch. In the morning I had breakfast in the Opal lounge and it was pretty decent for a deluxe continental breakfast. The views towards the Vancouver downtown and English Bay are stunning.

Overall I would stay here again if within the Burnaby/New Westminster area.

Room Tip: While the Opal lounge doesn't offer gratis drinks, it is worth staying in a room that gives you...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ShaunEdm
whargreaves, Director of Sales at Hilton Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Hi ShaunEdm,

Thank you for taking the time to review. We’re happy that you had a pleasant stay and that you experienced the warmth of our Hilton hospitality. We appreciate your feedback on the Opal Lounge and we will constantly strive to make it better for our valued guests.

Have a great day and we look forward to your return.

Kind regards,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Just back from a weekend in Vancouver, fabulous hotel very warm welcome. Staff could not do enough for me. I was upgraded to a suite, the facilities were spot on. Excellent location would return thanks again to everyone who made my trip a fabulous experience.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
whargreaves, Director of Sales at Hilton Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Hi anne7653,

We’re pleased that you had a pleasant stay and that you felt the warmth and hospitality of our Hilton staff! Many other travelers also enjoy the convenience of our central location and our close proximity to the shopping mall, restaurants, and businesses. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We spent 6 nights at the hotel and our room was clean and quiet. The staff was good and I received a thank you note from the housekeeper for our tip. The restaurant staff was pleasant, but the food was fair. The parking garage is extremely dangerous when trying to exit the garage during rush hour.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hi Crystal,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We’re happy that you enjoyed your stay! Our Hilton team constantly strives to exude friendly, professional and efficient service. The underground parking is a shared parking lot and we understand that there can be high traffic at times. We appreciate your feedback and we are continually working towards making the parking experience safer for our guests.

We hope to see you again soon and please let us know when you’re planning your future stay.

Vancouver
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed two nights at the Hilton; the first night we were three girls as it was the night before my wedding. The second night my husband and I stayed there. The staff were incredibly accommodating and did everything they could for us to ensure our stay was easy, including allowing for a late check out so that the girls and I could get ready as easily as possible. We were a little complicated as the girls and I had a suite and then we needed to change to a wheel-chair accessible room for when my husband and I came back after the wedding. I was completely impressed with how gracious and accommodating everyone at the Hilton was.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear scarletfalcon,

Thank you for taking the time write us a review. From our Hilton family to yours, we’d like to congratulate you on your wedding! It was our pleasure and honour to accommodate you and your friends on your special weekend. We’re happy that the late check-out option worked well for everyone. Please stay in touch and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

From fire alarms going off all night long,to worn decor and uncaring (bordering on rude) staff, this hotel has relied on its location for too long. The convenient location no longer makes up for its glaring deficits. It's off my list for handy aces to stay.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Lyn B
whargreaves, Director of Sales at Hilton Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Lyn,

I am so sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations! Very occasionally we may have an incident with technology, such as the alarm system which can cause unexpected interruptions. Regarding the staff, please be assured that you concerns will be addressed as this is not our standard.

I hope that you will give us another chance and please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally for assistance.

Kindest Regards,

604-639-3722
chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed April 23, 2014

welcomed right away and was in my room within 10 minutes of my arrival and the room was impeccably clean and the quietness of my room is and was amazing, I enjoy staying there I always have a great rest

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

whargreaves, Director of Sales at Hilton Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Hello Shannon,

We are so pleased that you had a great experience staying at our hotel. The hotel housekeeping department does do a fantastic job ensuring that we exceed guests expectations!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest Regards,

Director of Sales & Marketing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnaby
Maywood
L'Hermitage Hotel
L'Hermitage Hotel
#1 of 89 in Vancouver
5.0 of 5 bubbles 3,652 reviews

Been to Hilton Vancouver Metrotown? Share your experiences!