“Hilton Vancouver Metrotown”

Hilton Vancouver Metrotown
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Burnaby
Reviewed August 9, 2012

The room was spacious and clean. Staffs were excellent and helpful. We certainly will consider staying in this hotel again next time when we visit Vancouver.

The sign to the garage for guest parking said the gate will be closed at 10:00pm, don't worry, we came back at 11:00pm and it was still open.

You may want to look around in the Crystal Mall connected to the hotel, we found nothing special except the food court on the second floor where we tried cantonese milk tea.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing North, you get a good view of Vancouver.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
egut, Director of Sales at Hilton Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Dear 55engineer, We appreciate the time you took to provide a response on Tripadvisor, thank you for the positive comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
All the best

There are newer reviews for Hilton Vancouver Metrotown

Reviewed August 9, 2012

This hotel is conviniently located. Food was great and staff very friendly. Room was clean and comfortable. Check in was very efficient. Valet was busy when I was checking out and front desk attendant retrieved my car so I would not be late for flight. I Will be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2012
egut, Director of Sales at Hilton Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Dear Lancekelly,

All the best

Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

Best beds and pillows ever!! I stay here for business about 2 to 3 times a year and front desk is always nice, they have let me check in early and extend check out time due to my meetings or flights. Also very helpful concierge, baggage storage is a plus too since the mall is across the street and is good to kill time before you need to head out. Great flat screen tvs, nice bathroom, deep tubs for relaxing soaks. I look forward to stay here everytime because I know I will get a good rest and good service. One con: crappy coffee machine in rooms.

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear Jinx2727,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments, we are so pleased you feel cared for when you stay with us, We will pass your comments on regarding the coffee makers and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I have to give this hotel 5 stars. I have spent a great deal of time here because of work, and I have found almost nothing wanting. Pros: Nice rooms, excellent staff, decent room service, all amenities in room, gym is great, Crystal Mall (Chinese mall with AWESOME food court) is attached... what more could you want? It's well located with the metrotown shopping mall about 1 minute away. The sky train is 1 minute away. There is so much working for this place. The shuttle service is a great way to save time, this is only available for work I think. And if you need a fridge, you can pay $5 per night for it. I booked by calling them directly, but you'll get some great weekend deals if you book online. You could get a $180 room for $99.
Cons: The only thing that I find frustrating is that the prices vary considerably from week to week.
I have to put in an extra nice word for ALL the staff. They are exceedingly friendly, eager to accommodate your needs and genuinely caring and helpful.
Didn't try the spa downstairs. It looked very nice from the outside.

Room Tip: You could ask for a room with the mountain view. It'll probably cost you a little more.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank gaararules
egut, Director of Sales at Hilton Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear Gaararules,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive comments, We agree the mountain view rooms really are spectacular and give you a view all the way to downtown and the airport. Thank you again and we will be sure to pass on your comments the Team.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Stayed at Hilton Vancouver Metrotown last weekend. Although it is outside Vancouver, a short 15 minute SkyTrain ride which is 2 blocks from the hotel gets you into downtown. Due to the high frequency of trains, the wait to get on is never too long.

The hotel is right across from Metrotown and the is above an Asian mall called Crystal Mall downstairs. The mall has an assortment of shops, but its main draw is the food court and market. Which was obvious even on the hotel flooor I was staying. I swear that I could smell Chinese food wafting from the hotel air vents several floors up.

I found the Hilton through Priceline and paid about $94 for one night. The Vancouver area is generally expensive for lodging, so this seemed to be a fair rate for a 3.5 star hotel.

If there was any doubt about staying at the hotel, the room justified staying here. The room had a large bed with an assortment of different pillows. A relaxing chair sits to the side of the bed. There was also a marble desk in the room. Free room wired internet is currently provided, but no free room wi-fi is offered. Make sure to bring a travel router, otherwise head downstairs to utilize the wi-fi available in the hotel lobby. The hotel is currently working on offering free wi-fi throughout the hotel in the future.

Other room amenities include Lavazza Italian coffee and Peter Thomas Roth bath toiletries. The toiletry selection here stands out. Two soaps, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, body wash and a shower cap. Room itself was comfortable. I was able to adjust the room temperature to my preference.

As for hotel amenities, I only used the fitness center on the 2nd floor which has the basics. Bikes, treadmills and weights. There is a spa and pool on the 3rd floor in which you can reach by going through the fitness center.

Really the only issue I had with my stay was with the room drapes. My room faced Metrotown which has lights blazing at night. It didn't seem like I could pull the drapes in so that my room was covered in darkness when going to bed.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay here because it was the definition of the word convenient. I didn't have to go far for what I needed.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jol20
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Wide, clean and spacious with writing table and all, the Hilton standard. The front desk were very friendly and a special word of thanks to the bell boys, as our extra luggages were left in their care while we went for the Alaska cruise via Seattle. The spread for buffet breakfast was the standard fare nothing worth mentioning but the service on the other hand was very good. Adjoining the hotel is an Asian food court and supermarket, fresh and in season fruits sold cheaper here and ginseng of various shapes are also available.On the ground floor, many restaurant, we tried the Szechuan, it was good, BBQ meats are also highly recommended. A few minutes walk to the metro station located beside a popular shopping complex, we rode the sky train to down town Robson street and back. Its a 30 minutes bus ride to Vancouver International airport.

Room Tip: Very easy access from the adjoining food court, security is an issue, room cards needed to activate...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Good facilities and area, lots of shops and options within walking distance. Reception staff were excellent and concierge also, very helpful. Send biscuits and milk up to room for our daughter when we arrived, a nice touch and much appreciated - probably Hilton standard but a treat for us!

Room Tip: we always ask to be away from a lift but in fairness we hardly heard these ones move..
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnaby
Maywood
Downtown
Fairmont Pacific Rim
Fairmont Pacific Rim
#3 of 92 in Vancouver

Been to Hilton Vancouver Metrotown? Share your experiences!