Hilton Vancouver Metrotown
$139
TripAdvisor
$104
1,592 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecrystal mallchinese mallfood courtacross the streetself parkinghuge mallmetro townchinese foodunderground parkingpublic transportationcorner roomone bedroom suiteconvenient locationhot tubsky train stationshopping
Reviewed January 3, 2008

this hotel gives you more value than competing hotels downtown. we are hilton honors so for the price of a room with two breakfasts, we were given two additional breakfasts, and two appetizers per day, plus upgraded from a regular room to a junior suite. the rooms are very clean and well appointed, the breakfast buffet is very well stocked and the service is excellent, as is the service at dinner (same room) although the dinner food isn't exactly gourmet quality. self parking is free under the hotel for guests. across the street from large grocery store (very convenient), enormous shopping mall (did not visit so cannot comment), sky train red line (very fast trip into downtown vancouver), and hotel actually adjoins an asian mall called crystal mall. hotel seems to be very well run and all staff were helpful and friendly. we have stayed at a lot of hiltons and for the price, this one did not dissapoint. and the bed was SO SO SO comfortable! just wonderful and plenty of sheets pillows and blankets.

our room did have that thing mentioned in previous reviews where the front door and the bathroom door bang into each other if they are open simultaneously. watch out!

DO NOT EAT at the the "tofu hot pot restaurant" in the crystal mall.(not a part of the hotel at all but i just want to warn people). my husband got terrible food poisoning there. it ruined his stay. this was no fault of the hotel, they did not reccommend this place, but i did tell them to make sure they dissuaded people from going there in the future.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank ssjjpp112233
Reviewed October 13, 2007

Hotel typical Hilton , with good room standards.
Big problem with fire alarm, it worked, the staff did not ,continually gave out contradictory confusing messages, in barely understandable English, which in my opinion could have been life threatning in a more serious alarm situation. My single worst Hotel experience ever outside of a war zone.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank leonardo464
Reviewed October 4, 2007

I booked this hotel through Hotwire and got it at $69/night. For $20 more I was able to get 2 queen sized beds instead of a king. I was quoted $175 over the phone when I called the property directly.

This hotel is conveniently located right next to Metrotown which is a massive shopping complex on the outskirts of Vancouver. For those people not familiar with Vancouver, Burnaby (where this hotel is located) is a suburb of Vancouver. If you are interested in going into downtown Vancouver, there is a skytrain station located very close to this hotel (less than 5 minute walk) which will get you into town in around 20-30 minutes (depending on rush hour).

The hotel itself was great--free underground parking and lots of it. The room I booked was very large, contained 2 comfortable queen size beds, a chair/ottoman, and a desk for business travellers. There was also an extra-deep bathtub in the bathroom. The rooms and hallways were very clean and we did not hear any beeping from the elevators as our room was far from it. The service we received at check in was also very friendly and efficient. Although we checked in at a peak time, there was no line up because there was plenty of staff to help the customers.

My only complaint about this hotel is that the windows did not open. I know this is an architectural issues with buildings that are made to be esthetically pleasing.

I did not give this hotel 5 stars as there was nothing that significantly "wowed" me.

I would definitely stay here again. I would not recommend it to people with young children (who aren't familiar with the city) or people with mobility issues. They might be better off staying in a downtown Vancouver hotel.

The Hotwire price is a fantastic value and it would be near impossible to find a hotel of this calibre in downtown Vancouver.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank tripchick29
Reviewed October 2, 2007

Someone else said "four rough diamonds," and I would have to agree. Recently stayed on business.

Don't ask for a smoking room - they are all on the 4th floor with less than appealing views.

The room itself was dirty: carpeting, the lounge chair had what looked like urine stains all over the cushions. The washroom ceiling was yellow blotched. Shower curtain only partially hung. Washroom floor grout soiled.

There is no minibar in the room, no bathrobe. Ventilation system made this horrible grinding sound whenever adjusting the fan speed or temperature.

Housekeeping service inconsistent - sometimes the bed looked roughly made, others it was crisp.

Staff ranged from very friendly to apathetic. Not once did anyone ask if I had enjoyed my visit. Even at checkout, I was simply handed a bill... Didn't even ask if I needed a cab or to store luggage.

Staff tell you it's 15 minutes to downtown by skytrain - it's actually more like 30 minutes from Metrotown Station to Burrard.

The lobby is unappealing. I thought they had a pool it's actually just a single swimming lane.

I would not rate this hotel at the four-diamond level that's for sure. I expect a little more from Hilton and four-diamond rating.

Pluses: mp3 jack alarm clock, complimentary in-room coffee, complimentary internet - though the connection was flaky and i'm in IT so...

While it was not completely awful staff generally did not seem to care, basic four-diamond amenities missing. I will not return when next in Vancouver.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank cooltorontoguy
Reviewed September 24, 2007

The hotel is about two blocks from my apartment, but ended up having to stay there after coming home from vacation to incomplete reservations. Got home at 7am to my apartment in disarray do to incomplete renovations, called the Hilton and they said to come on over right away and they would have a room for us, even though it was quite early.

I should mention my parents are Hilton diamond members therefore that may have impacted the service we got. We arrived at the hotel just after 9am and got a very nice room on the 15th floor. Rooms are spacious with very comfortable beds. I found overall the hotel to be very nice, staff very friendly even the doorman constantly asking if we needed anything and joking around with us while we waited in the lobby. The staff here all should be comended I have never had better service!

The executive lounge is one of the best I've seen, amazing views of Burnaby and Vancouver. We went there for an evening snack and found enough to feed a small village, including ribs, spring rolls, and a delicous pasta dish. Also there was a vast selection of meats, chesses, taco chips, salsa ect also a variety of deserts. There is also a very large plasma tv. Overall the lounge is very good.

The hotel is in a great location, while not in the center of vancouver, it is only 1 block from the metrotown skytrain which will zip you downtown in 15 mins. Also the #19 stanley park bus leaves from metrotown and stops at several locations around downtown, this is also a night bus so it runs very late!

The hotel is located in a asian mall, crystal mall with lots of cheap shopping and eating opitions. Directly across from the Hilton is Metrotown, which is Canada's second largest mall, and has anything you may need.

Overall I highly enjoyed my stay and would not hesitate to recommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family