All reviewsswiss chaletcountry restaurantboundary roadshuttle servicesky train stationstay there againdowntown vancouverquiet locationroom was spotlessfree shuttlehot tubfridge and microwavewe've stayedtwo queen bedsfront desk staffthree nightscoffee maker
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Daisy needed knee surgery, the best doggah surgeon in the province is 1/4 mile away, but we're 6hrs away, so this is where I stay. This time i didnt need a 'doggah room' as on arrival, the hospital was taking Daisy into care, but I was familiar with this hotel and for the extra $$ others were charging, weren't offering anything of value to me for the 2 nights i was staying. Its clean, its quiet, king bed is comfortable, good internets, tv looked nice, never turned it on. The animal hospital is across the road, save on foods/crappy tire/marks workwear and walmart couple blocks away to the south and a straight shot on lougheed hwy to coquitlam for Me N Eds pizza. Why not 5 dots? On one hand it deserves 5 for its category, i dont handicap like that....but only 4 because on my 2 day my door card wouldnt work. This is my greatest peeve with hotels. Drive around to the back, park, up the stairs on red light...of course im laden with all the crap i just went out for, so now the trek to the opposite side of the building with all my crap and the awkwardness at the counter (mine...the less i deal with a real person, the better) even after specifically asking that the key will work on the 2nd day when i checked in..:ugh:...instant lose 1 dot in my books. Big ups to the cleaning staff that actually obeyed the do not disturb dont need any cleaning magnet on the door, too many places dont take heed to that. I wasnt pleased to see the entire location under construction, but aside from having to park 30 feet further away cuz construction crew was blocking the closer spots and a minimal amount of noise 3-5pm one day, it wasnt the issue i thought it would be when i pulled up. And i cant fault them for improving the place. My agita was premature. The products in the soap/shampoo dispensers sucked...smelled like tung oil. Im rarely a fan of hotel products, but these were horrid. And you wont get 5 dots from me if the HVAC is not programmable...heat low was too hot, off was too cold...Ive been in cheaper rooms that have a temperature you can program, its not that complicated.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Located down the block from the skytrain station, attached restaurant that handled our whole team easily. We had a kitchen unit so I walked to walmart to pick up some groceries and it was less than a 10 minute walk. The hotel was located in a great spot that is easy access to hiway 1 and not too far from downtown. I won't repeat all the other great reviews but I will agree with them.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank zambonimama
JoanneWynn, General Manager at Accent Inn Burnaby, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2011

Dear zambonimama,

"What can we say but we agree too!" Seriously, thanks so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. We appreciate it very much. Not sure if you were here with one of the many hockey teams we welcome (guessing re: Zamboni). We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future. All the best for the holidays!"

Regards,

Joanne Wynn
Accent Inns Burnaby

Reviewed November 21, 2011

I have stayed at the Inn several times. Rooms always spotless; some with kitchen facilities. Hot tub, sauna, workout room, laundry, wi-fi access. Staff so friendly and helpful. More like coming home to family now.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Pam H
Reviewed November 7, 2011

basic room good price great staff shuttle available

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel both for business and pleasure. It never disappoints. Virtually across the street from Skytrain and no added fees for parking. It takes 12 minutes in rush hour to get downtown and is an easy straight commute, if not using transit. Not fancy but clean, courteous, and consistent visit after visit. Very easy access in and out. Try it and you won't stay downtown ($$$$) again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Travel_Hound_Kelowna
JoanneWynn, General Manager at Accent Inn Burnaby, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2011

Dear Travel_Hound_Kelowna,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and we certainly appreciate the fact that you are a returning guest. Having our guests return is the best review we can receive. Love your comment about "try it you'll like it!"

Joanne Wynn