“Not the place for dinner, go elsewhere”
Review of e.b.o Restaurant - CLOSED

e.b.o Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Maywood
Cross street: Canada Way
Transit: Walking distance from both Gilmore and Bentwood town center sky train stations. Buses 25 125 & 130 stop at BCIT.
Description: Experiences Beyond Ordinary, where local ingredients find a fresh direction. Experience new boundaries at e.b.o. Share the Passion e.b.o possesses symmetry and harmony between Executive Chef, Vintner, and local food producer - sharing the same passion for quality, creativity and local sustainability. The Room Eclectic and sleek with warm rich colours. Lose yourself in a cozy banquette or dine in a semi private table enclosed with silk sheer curtains.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The only thing good was the décor. I have never given below a 3 before and usually am not critical. If there had been one error then I usually forgive it but this was particularly bad. It took 45 minutes for our steamed mussel appetizer to come. (The restaurant was NOT crowded). Daughter 1 had the seafood pasta for $26. It came with 5 pieces of seafood (1 shrimp, 1 mussel, 12 clams and 1 small piece of fish). Daughter 2 had the clam chowder (no clams, again 5 small pieces of seafood, dried corn and dried bacon bits, topped with a mushroom flavored soup, you can tell because they pour the soup on the bits at the table). They got her order wrong the first time and brought her something else. I had the scallop appetizer as my main (2, inch and a quarter scallops for $16, arrived cold). On the main menu I could have ordered 1 scallop for $3.50? Service was extremely slow on a not crowded night. Definitely the most overpriced place I have ever been, apologies did not help after a ten hour day driving.

1  Thank FaJaNa

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We went there for a corporate lunch event. Although the atmosphere was great, we found the food and service to be average and the food slightly overpriced for the quality.

rdmPGDeltaBUR, Manager at e.b.o Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing e.b.o. Restaurant. Our award winning chefs and dedicated team strive to provide all of our guests an experience beyond ordinary and I am sorry if we fell short on your recent visit. I am sure if you give us the opportunity to welcome you back again that we will be able to exceed your expectations.

Paul Gallop
Operations Manager
Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The food at EBO is a real suprise - lots of finesse and imagination, really grounded in local ingredients and seasonality. House cured salmon was meltingly soft, absolutely perfectly cooked seafood, spectacular grilled steak and great chocolate mousse. There is some heavy handedness with garnishes and presentation - but it does not diminish the real flashes of brilliance on the plates. Service is courteous and somewhat formal - the room is kinda generic hotel fancy - but really, the food is pretty spot on. And the value proposition is fantastic - with prices that feel like they are a good third less for the same quality downtown. The wine pairing dinners look intriguing - with really well thought out dishes.

1  Thank cnklhd
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I sincerely want to thank the EBO Restaurant staff for the wonderful service they provided to our out of town guests and company executives, during our business lunch last Wednesday June 5th. The dining room setup, the special menus, the food, the dessert display, the great atmosphere the staff created was absolutely wonderful.
I knew from previous experiences (included catering our last Christmas luncheon for 200 staff members which included a ham and turkey sliced to perfection served with all the trimmings and packaged in a way that was easy to transport to our offices and kept warm in the containiers provided for a long time), that I could count on the staff to create a most pleasant experience but never expected something so absolutely fabulous!! The dessert display created with the Korean and Canadian flags added a great touch to the whole experience. The feedback received was nothing less than perfect! 
Evangeline, Joey and Chris, I cannot thank you and your service staff, enough for the way you all went out of your way to provide an unforgettable experience.
The Delta Hotels organization are very fortunate to have people like you representing their organization. This experience is worth sharing with the world!
We look forward to many future events at EBO Restaurant and The Burnaby Delta Hotel.
Sincerely, Maria P.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Came in at 9:30 and even though the kitchen closes at 10:00 we were accommodated and never rushed. I did think it was a little early to close the kitchen on a Friday night but?? The service was impeccable and the food was excellent! Heirloom tomato sald, scallop appetizer, chowder and rib eye were our menu choices. It was one of the best meals I have ever eaten! The waitress and the host were exceptional and the chef checked in on our table for feedback - he said the were trying a new menu and wanted customer comments. It was our anniversary and we were surprised at the end of our meal with a beautiful dessert plate of white chocolate and green tea truffles and cholocate strawberries with a beautiful hand written happy anniversary note on a little cookie. It was an amazing experience! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!

1  Thank Sasssiest