Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Burnaby
Lake Cowichan, Canada
“Awesome”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I was there on business - it was fantastic - first class all the way - Ekta at the front desk was super helpful and pleasant - there was no feeling like they were trying to save a buck anywhere - valet was the way to go - I could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: 504 not the greatest view but I was in a conference the whole weekend not at the window
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
SeaTac, Washington
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We were recommended to stay at this place by a Canadian friend. We went up for my husband to attend a meeting, and for me to have a place to stay and have some fun while he was busy. The rooms were lovely, and the lobby area was very pretty. We asked for a "room with a view" at a senior discounted price. We did not have a reservation. We had a room on the ninth floor and had a lovely view. I was happy when my husband left to go to his meeting so I could go down and play at the casino. The whole place was non-smoking! That was especially nice. Smokers could go out on a veranda and smoke and we didn't go home smelling like their smoke. The casino had lots of different games than what we have in Washington, and of course some of the old standbys. All the staff at the hotel and in the casino couldn't have been nicer. We have traveled extensively the past two years of my retirement, and it is surprising how many rude people can be in this business, so when you get one that is nice, it is important to let others know. I guess that is why I do these reviews. We will return to this place every time we go to Burnaby from now on.....

Room Tip: Ask for what you want, and I believe they will do their best to accommodate you - they want you to w...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank roch2772
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We spent one night at the Delta Burnaby to celebrate my inlaws 75th birthdays and we cannot say enough good things about this hotel! They had a card and birthday cake waiting in my inlaws room, my kids were given a 'welcome pack' at check in with a book and toys, plus vouchers for bedtime milk and cookies. Each adult was given a $5 slot voucher as well.
The rooms were perfect; beautifully decorated and clean, and the bed was very comfortable. Even though our room was on the freeway side you'd never know, it was very quiet.
At EBO Restaurant kids eat free and their portions are enough for an adult. Each was given a fun to-go cup and the waiter, Grant, was kind enough to refill them for the road. The food was fantastic and excellent value.
Every staff member from check-in, to room service, to casino, to check-out was kind and helpful.
I'd recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a getaway close to home!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Even though I stayed for just one night in this hotel during a business trip to Burnaby, I'd rate this hotel as one of the nicest in the area. Right from the time I checked in till I left the hotel, my experience was simply great. The staff are very friendly and ever ready to help and offer their services in the best possible way they can. The rooms are clean and very well maintained. Downtown view from the eighteenth floor was breathtaking. The EBO restaurant was simply superb with their fresh sea food and fine collection of wines. I'd any day recommend this place to anyone and everyone (though bit pricey :( )

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the highest level available ,,,, view is simply great.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have been staying at this hotel every time I travel to Burnaby. It truly is home away from home.
Friendly staff and a great place to stay.
Since I figured out their motto of "Our kitchen is your kitchen" I stopped ordering from the menu. I decide what I want to eat and 9 out of 10 times the chef will get that.
Love Sarah at EBO, great service and always mindful of your preferences.
Rose makes my day by making my breakfast just right.
Laura at the signature club makes sure you are at ease like you would be at home.

Room Tip: All their rooms are just awesome. The signature club rooms are even better.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Wasn't my first choice to stay for business, but was surprised how quiet the rooms were. The check in was effortless with the staff being very friendly and informative.
My biggest complaint was the restaurant. Breakfast service was brutally slow and was not open for a later lunch. Our lunch party needed to go to the restaurant in the casino.

Wear purple when checking in.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Vancouver, British Columbia
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The room we had was small, yet updated and very clean. Although our room faced the highway, there was no noise. The service as far as check-in, bellpersons & cleaning staff was excellent. The only negative was the restaurant -- the food was excellent, when we finally got it, yet the service was very slow and seemed random when we first arrived to be seated and have our orders taken. It was not busy at all in the restaurant, so I'm not sure if it was a shift change, yet once we had a dedicated server, everything was excellent. It was nice to have the casino at the hotel - that was a bonus.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnaby
Willingdon Heights
Downtown
Fairmont Pacific Rim
Fairmont Pacific Rim
#3 of 92 in Vancouver

Been to Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!