“Great Hotel Stay!”

Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Burnaby
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is a very nice hotel, very clean, great customer service. I stayed during the first weekend of June 2013. It has a Casino and a Restaurant inside the hotel, plenty of parking, valet parking, business centre and a Starbucks! There is nothing else to ask for!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of the highway 1.
There are newer reviews for Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed one night while attending a wedding. Found the staff very friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms were nicely upgraded and quiet, considering it is next to the freeway. Loved having free parking and the Casino had a very nice outside deck to have a drink on. Nice view of the mountains from our view. Will use it again if staying in Burnaby for anything.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Upon check in at the Delta Burnaby, the staff was so friendly and helpful. They remembered us each time we came into the hotel and even remembered our names! The rooms were nice and very clean. A Skytrain station is less than a mile walk. The beds are so comfortable! Not super crazy about the casino being attached to the hotel, but it did not disrupt the visit. I would go back in a heartbeat!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

A last minute decision, and a booking on hotels.com and we were set up for the night. The bed was decent, the room was clean and the shower head worked well! Just about all you need for a quick overnight. We were on the 12th floor, and facing the Trans Canada highway, but because of the height, and great windows, there was no noise. It also gave us a view of the North Shore mountains. Vancouver is a big city, with some spectacular scenery!! In the morning, there was a Starbucks in the front entry!!

Room Tip: Either high up, or away from the highway.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
rdmPGDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so happy to see your last minute choice of the Delta Burnaby Hotel worked well for you. With so many options in the lower mainland we really appreciate your business and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Arrived late in the eve from Edmonton and they seemed to have it together. Had the door opened for me and check in was a breeze.
The room is clean and well stalked for one person and I'm sure, seeing how friendly the staff is here if I was to ask for extra there would be up here in a flash, I did get that welcome kinda feeling that has been lacking at a hotel or two I've stayed at before.
Being picky as I always am, because some Hotels you have to be to find things wrong or out've place...
I stayed in a king size no frills room and the bathtub as mentioned by a different review is small and does not do the Nice Vanity justice at all...should be maybe in the next upgrade to this hotel.
The location is great for where I'm travelling back and forth from and the street is also done up VERY nice in palm trees and VERY clean.
And finally The AC/Heat is a bit too loud, I'm sure if I had a few more days to stay I would get use to it because its not the loudest I've herd

Room Tip: I stayed on the 7th floor almost at the end of the hallway facing the Highway (#1 TransCanada) and t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Robert S

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre and for taking the time to post your review. I am glad to see your arrival and stay has been good so far. We do work on projects each year and will take tour recommendations under consideration as we plan further work on the property. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by my stay at this hotel. I assumed that it would be old and dingy and in need of repair. I was wrong. The location is great because it is just off highway 1. This was great because we were doing a number of errands and needed also to go to BCIT which was walkable. The Burnaby hospital is also very close. The entrance is very grand. Free parking that was handy and clean. Casino attached to hotel. Staff were beyond helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
rdmPGDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you you choosing the Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and that our team was so helpful and friendly, I will share your comments with them. The entire property was renovated prior to reopening in 2009. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed here because we purchased the gift certificate at a silent auction in support of one of our children's organizations. So yes, this was a comp room, but . . . gift certificate was for a "signature club room", which includes access to the lounge for complimentary happy hour appies & continental breakfast. When we checked in everything went smoothly, our room was ready, no problems.
I was so looking forward to a bath and relaxing for a bit. When we got to the well-appointed room, everything looked great - except what! There are no bathtubs in any of the rooms on the signature floors. Something doesn't seem right here - shouldn't there be oversize tubs with special amenities on the "signature" floors? No relaxing in the tub for weary execs, just an oversized shower.
So believe it or not, we down-graded to a "deluxe" room. The hotel was extremely busy, so we went out for a couple of hours while they sorted this out. Our new room was similar, just not as fancy and yes, there was a small bathtub. The bathroom was very dark. Both my husband and I noticed this. He shaved by the window. Our room had one bathrobe.
Staff exceeded our expectations by having chocolate covered strawberries & truffles waiting for us in the new room and by having our regular room key cards able to access the signature lounge :) (Just checked the rates on-line to see difference between deluxe & signature - with CAA/AAA it's a $25 difference. If you like a slightly fancier/newer room and don't care about the tub and are going to use the lounge, then yes, it's worth it.)
We were on the 17th floor on the highway side. So noisy . . . all night long.
There is no pool at this hotel and one outdoor hot tub, which we couldn't enjoy as the hotel was so busy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
rdmPGDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on your recent stay. I am sorry that our Signature Club Room did not meet your needs for having a bathtub but I am glad we were able to find you another room and still provided you with access to our Signature Club Lounge. For any future stays please enquire about our availability of Signature Club Suites. We do have a handful of one bedroom suites that offer the same decor of our Signature Club Rooms and also provide a tub and separate shower in the washroom. Unfortunately we did not have one of those available on your recent stay. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnaby
Willingdon Heights
Downtown
Fairmont Pacific Rim
Fairmont Pacific Rim
#3 of 92 in Vancouver

Been to Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!