“So Far So Good”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Burnaby
Whitecourt, Canada
“So Far So Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Arrived late in the eve from Edmonton and they seemed to have it together. Had the door opened for me and check in was a breeze.
The room is clean and well stalked for one person and I'm sure, seeing how friendly the staff is here if I was to ask for extra there would be up here in a flash, I did get that welcome kinda feeling that has been lacking at a hotel or two I've stayed at before.
Being picky as I always am, because some Hotels you have to be to find things wrong or out've place...
I stayed in a king size no frills room and the bathtub as mentioned by a different review is small and does not do the Nice Vanity justice at all...should be maybe in the next upgrade to this hotel.
The location is great for where I'm travelling back and forth from and the street is also done up VERY nice in palm trees and VERY clean.
And finally The AC/Heat is a bit too loud, I'm sure if I had a few more days to stay I would get use to it because its not the loudest I've herd

Room Tip: I stayed on the 7th floor almost at the end of the hallway facing the Highway (#1 TransCanada) and t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Robert S
rdmPGDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre and for taking the time to post your review. I am glad to see your arrival and stay has been good so far. We do work on projects each year and will take tour recommendations under consideration as we plan further work on the property. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by my stay at this hotel. I assumed that it would be old and dingy and in need of repair. I was wrong. The location is great because it is just off highway 1. This was great because we were doing a number of errands and needed also to go to BCIT which was walkable. The Burnaby hospital is also very close. The entrance is very grand. Free parking that was handy and clean. Casino attached to hotel. Staff were beyond helpful and friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
rdmPGDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you you choosing the Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and that our team was so helpful and friendly, I will share your comments with them. The entire property was renovated prior to reopening in 2009. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Whistler, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed here because we purchased the gift certificate at a silent auction in support of one of our children's organizations. So yes, this was a comp room, but . . . gift certificate was for a "signature club room", which includes access to the lounge for complimentary happy hour appies & continental breakfast. When we checked in everything went smoothly, our room was ready, no problems.
I was so looking forward to a bath and relaxing for a bit. When we got to the well-appointed room, everything looked great - except what! There are no bathtubs in any of the rooms on the signature floors. Something doesn't seem right here - shouldn't there be oversize tubs with special amenities on the "signature" floors? No relaxing in the tub for weary execs, just an oversized shower.
So believe it or not, we down-graded to a "deluxe" room. The hotel was extremely busy, so we went out for a couple of hours while they sorted this out. Our new room was similar, just not as fancy and yes, there was a small bathtub. The bathroom was very dark. Both my husband and I noticed this. He shaved by the window. Our room had one bathrobe.
Staff exceeded our expectations by having chocolate covered strawberries & truffles waiting for us in the new room and by having our regular room key cards able to access the signature lounge :) (Just checked the rates on-line to see difference between deluxe & signature - with CAA/AAA it's a $25 difference. If you like a slightly fancier/newer room and don't care about the tub and are going to use the lounge, then yes, it's worth it.)
We were on the 17th floor on the highway side. So noisy . . . all night long.
There is no pool at this hotel and one outdoor hot tub, which we couldn't enjoy as the hotel was so busy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
rdmPGDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on your recent stay. I am sorry that our Signature Club Room did not meet your needs for having a bathtub but I am glad we were able to find you another room and still provided you with access to our Signature Club Lounge. For any future stays please enquire about our availability of Signature Club Suites. We do have a handful of one bedroom suites that offer the same decor of our Signature Club Rooms and also provide a tub and separate shower in the washroom. Unfortunately we did not have one of those available on your recent stay. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in order to attend a nearby concert at the University of BC. Above all, let me just say that the people who work here are amazing - that is reason enough to return to this hotel. Upon arriving back from our concert in the late evening, we found chocolate-dipped strawberries in our room, a gift sent with a card from our front desk check-in, hoping we had a great time at the concert. That is A+ customer service in my book.

The valet - wonderful and accommodating. Restaurant and casino employees - Helpful and friendly. The rooms - clean and spacious.

The only downside to this hotel is the lack of elevators per customer. We witnessed several occasions where people had to wait for another elevator (sometimes as long as ten minutes), due to there only being three elevators to service this rather large hotel. It was cramped, to say the least.

Even so, I'd definitely go back. The restaurant had a great atmosphere, the casino and new bar area in the back was lively, but clean, and the morning breakfast delivered to our room was beautiful and delicious.

Overall, just a really good, solid choice for a weekend in Vancouver. Book it. Now. No, really. Just go for it!

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre on your recent visit. I am so glad to see our team took such great care of you. I will pass on your comments to them.

During your stay we did encounter an issue with one of our elevators that caused a delay in service. When all three are fully operational you can definitely tell the difference. I am sorry this affected your stay and we are working closely with our elevator partner to reduce this sort of occurrence from happening again.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future and thank you for recommending us to others.

Revelstoke, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We recently stayed at the Delta Burnaby hotel and there were a few hiccups with our stay...but before I tell you about them, I do want to say that the front desk staff and bell hops were great.

I had booked my room months before my upcoming stay and had to change the room type as I had a friend coming with me and we needed separate beds. I called the hotel and they helped me change my reservation and sent me a new confirmation. When we checked in however we were in a room with one bed. We were told that the hotel was busy and there were no rooms left with two beds, but after some shuffling around she was able to make it work! Like I said, small error but was fixed. Unfortunately this room was not clean. We were told that they would made it a priority to have cleaned.

We waited for an hour and a half and our room still wasn't ready. We had to attend a wedding reception so we were told that our luggage would be in the room when we returned and all we had to do was get keys when we arrived.

When we returned from the wedding after 12:00am I was very happy to see the staff in a great mood and more then one person at the front desk to help us! We went to our room and the keys did not work. That was frustrating as they also had a hockey team there and the kids rode up and down the elevators all night, hard to get to our destination. We got our keys re-cut and got into the room and our luggage was no where to be found. After making a call to the front desk our luggage was delivered to the room a couple minutes later.

The rooms were clean and the beds were comfy, it was just a combination of little errors, but was really well handled!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
rdmPGDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre, please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in check in and for your luggage not being in your room upon arrival. I will follow up with our Front Office Manager to ensure this does not occur again to you or any other of our guests. I am glad to see that our Front Desk and Bell staff were great and that they handled the errors well. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed here for one night for our anniversary. Check in on Friday evening was quick and the front desk staff were attentive. She asked if we were having an occasion and asked if she could make any reservations for meals for us. I had one rolling bag that they offered to take to my room for me but I took it myself since it was so small - but it was nice to be asked. The only thing weird at the front desk is that the section isn't roped off or anything and it is sort of in the middle of where everyone is walking so you kind of feel awkward standing in the middle of where everyone is walking - and there were 2 front desk staff so I really didn't know where to stand in line and wait for either one. The gentleman behind me seemed like we was thinking the same thing because he was almost standing beside me - just a little weird that they seemed so organized and attentive and yet no one has noticed this? Either way - just a little observation. The room was on the 16th floor and was nice and spotless. It was a deluxe room and although it was very nice - it wasn't a WOW! room. A nice king bed, a nice bathroom with tub/shower, TV, iPod dock, and computer plug in for lap top if you need one. The view was very nice. There was a cot in our room which was obviously an oversight on their part and was probably left there from the guests before us as I hadn't asked for one. I didnt mention it to them. I ordered some appys from room service and the service was quick and the food was hot and good! The staff were all excellent. We needed some extra towels in the morning and they brought them up within minutes of us asking. We visited EBO for a late dinner and it was excellent! We then went to the casino and it was meh - I won $120.00 on slots so it wasn't the gambling that made me say meh. There just didn't seem to be the lively atmosphere that I usually experience at the casinos in the lower mainland and there isn't any one area that really draws your attention - it is scattered and on 2 floors. It is nice and the decor is nice but it just didn't feel exciting and they have rows and rows of the same kind of 9, 10, J, Q, K, A slots and I like more bonus type slot games. They did have them, but again - a couple upstairs and little pods here and there-just seemed like a strange lay out-I was looking for the Vegas feeling and places like River Rock seem to provide that a little better. My glass of red wine was $7.25! Wow I thought that was a little pricey. We had the buffet brunch in the morning - I don't know if I would do that again - $10 per person and we were one of the first to arrive so I would have thought the food would be hot but it was not that great. We tried to get a juice but apparently they only serve pop? (and the usual coffee and tea of course) Weird? I was a little irritated that they still had the food descriptions from the dinner the night before so we weren't sure what a few of the brunch dishes even were!

Having said all that I don't know how the hotel and casino are connected - it seemed like 2 different experiences.

One las comment.... The 16th floor is quite small and has a circle lay out so I am guessing there are no more than 15-20 rooms on that floor so noise travels and there was a room by the elevator that had a dog in it. I don't know what the pet policy was but I was extremely happy not to be next to that room as the little dog barked every time we went passed the room and I don't think the owner was in there with it because it kept barking and barking and no one seemed to be trying to quiet it down. I did notice the room right next door had their 'do not disturb' notice on their door so I felt sorry for them and I was THANKFUL that we had not been placed next to that room because I most definitely would not have tolerated the barking! I was certainly surprised that the 16th floor deluxe rooms allowed pets!

Our room experience was wonderful and we did not have any noise issues. Just making an observation.

The hotel is easy to get to as it is right off the highway but it isn't close to any types of activities you could walk to - your food and entertainment is sort of contained to the hotel - unless you don't mind driving info Vancouver.

Did not visit the spa or any of the sauna/fitness areas.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to spend your special occasion with us, happy anniversary! I apologize for the cot in your room, I have followed up with our housekeeping team. I am am glad to see you were able to enjoy In Room Dining and our e.b.o. Restaurant. Congratulations on having some success in the Grand Villa Casino. The casino is run by Gateway Casinos and is a separate operation from the hotel but I can certainly pass on your comments to their team. We do allow pets in our property as they are an important part of many people's families but we do ask that pets not be left unattended in the room. If you ever encounter any concern during a stay with us please let us know and we will certainly address it right away, it is very important for us to provide our guests with an experience beyond ordinary! I hope we will have the opportunity to host you for many more special occasions!

bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

We came to the hotel at 10 AM and they allowed us to check-in into the rooms instantly even though the check-in was supposed to be at 2 PM (Probably the room was vacant?).
The decor is very good and there is a casino in the upper floors. Starbucks is present inside the hotel on the ground floor. The premises are well kept and the Japanese and Chinese restaurants are attached to it. The nearest subway station is Gilmore ($6 cab ride). Unfortunately the hotel did not provide the shuttle service to the airport. From Gilmore station, it takes approximately 1 hour to the airport.
We were provided a suite on the 16th floor and we had a king size bed and mountainous views. The pillows were very soft and sleep quality was fine. There was absolutely zero noise in the suite (from the traffic nearby). The room cost was $119/night
The wi-fi did not work one night but on the other days, it was barely okay but not very fast though. They have a wired connection available to be plugged to the laptop, if you have one, and that seemed to work better than WI-FI.
If one is fond of watching TV, they have close to 50 channels. They have movies on pay-per-view as well.
The front desk 9specifically Chaf and Rosie) are quite helpful if you wanted directions or want to know which attractions to visit etc.
The walks around the restaurant (away from the traffic) was fantastic, tall canopy trees, immaculate front and back yards and during one of those walks i stumbled on an Indian restaurant (atleast 15-20 minutes walk) called Agra Tandoori. 7-Eleven is adjacent to the restaurant as well.
Overall the experience was pretty good.

Room Tip: Ask for the higher level floors (10th floor and above) and specifically away from the rooms where on...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
rdmPGDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre on your trip to the Lower Mainland. I am so glad to see you enjoyed your stay and that you had the opportunity to see all the area has to offer. Wi-fi is currently not guaranteed throughout the hotel but I am glad you were able to get the signal on part of your stay. We had a delay in the installation of our complimentary hotel wide wi-fi but am happy to report that work is back underway and we will be up and running soon. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnaby
Maywood
#1 of 89 in Vancouver
5.0 of 5 bubbles 3,596 reviews
Bridgeport
River Rock Casino Resort

Been to Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!