“Great Location, family friendly, great casino!”

Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Burnaby
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We have stayed 2x and will stay again, as we have family that are located close by. On our first trip with our new son the front desk clerk sent us vouchers for breakfast for the next morning so that we did not have to leave the hotel with our son, they also made a great effort with a crib and blankets, even baby wash. We were so impressed. Casino on site allowed both of us to take a break and spend some time alone but not have to leave the premises.. The restaurant was delicious, the service was good.
We will be returning in the future..

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
rdmPGDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre. Congratulations on the new addition to your family and I am glad you were able to have some time to take a break in the attached Grand Villa Casino. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed 1 night , check in was great , we used the valet parking, found our room and restaurants to be very good , the Casino was fun, not to loud . The hotel complex is just of the highway and is easy to access , could not here the traffic ,we would stay again .

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
rdmPGDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for providing your feedback on your recent visit to the Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre. I am so glad you enjoyed the many amenities we offer including e.b.o. Restaurant. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again for longer than one night!

Operations manager

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed a couple of nights in March 2013 for a family event. I choose this hotel totally due to location to the family event. I didn't even know there was a casino next door!

The hotel has some signs showing it has won AAA 4-diamond awards for the last few years. I don't know - it's certainly an OK hotel but nothing sticks out in my mind as being outstanding.

The main let-down for me is the TV channels. Yes, they have ~50 TV channels, but none of the free channels are HD. Come-on, it's 2013!!

The hotel is pretty standard corporate decor. There's a safe in the closet. There's a flat panel TV on the wall build-it, which also holds the wet bar. The bed is comfortable. My room rate included wifi and that worked fine.

The view from my room overlooked the "highway". It's OK, but nothing like the views from Vancouver, within the city.

Some unique features of the hotel:
1) There's a Starbucks in the lobby. I know, not anything special but it was convenient.
2) The casino next door is surprisingly pretty big.
3) Walk away from the casino and there is a big japanese restaurant and a very good Cantonese dim-sum restaurant. These are 30 seconds away from the hotel.

I only had breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Quality was OK but it was relatively expensive.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review after your recent stay. While overall I am happy you enjoyed your stay I am sorry that you felt nothing stuck out for you that would warrant us receiving the only AAA 4-diamond award in the city of Burnaby. Our team works hard to make memorable experiences for our guests and I am sorry if we fell short on your stay. I am sure we can do better the next time you are with us! Our current contract for our television and movie services does not include high definition for television channels but we will address that when the contract is up for renewal. In the meantime we do offer a selection of high definition movies for our guests to enjoy. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while on business. Overall was fine and at the right price. Casino lounge was nice and not too noisy which surprised me. Duvets were lumpy and bumpy which although quite strange certainly still did the job. The Chinese restaurant attached to the hotel was very authentic and was a nice meal. Right now there is a lot of road construction around the hotel but surprisingly still was easy to access and not too noisy.

Would likely stay here again as it is a convenient location when there on business in Burnaby.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre on your recent stay in the lower mainland. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and would likely stay here again. We have had some issues with our duvets not holding their form well after multiple cleans. We have ordered a new supply and received confirmation from our supplier that they will be here in May.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Delta Burnaby for 3 nights. We didn't know that the casino was attached to the hotel but it's very separated and didn't affect our stay.
The hotel lobby decor is very funky and purple- brocade & silk. They are so dedicated to the color that if they see you wearing purple, they'll present you with a purple pen- cute.
Loved the full Starbucks in the lobby that opened at 6:00 am!
The rooms were pretty standard- clean, tidy and roomy.
The staff was very friendly and helpful with whatever you need- driving directions, restaurants, etc.
(There's a lot of road construction going on in the area, so the GPS may not take you the right way)
We had a great stay and I would recommend it for any traveller!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
rdmPGDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre. I am so pleased to see you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us. We will be very happy when the construction in the area is complete as it will make commuting to different parts of the lower mainland from Highway 1 a lot more quicker and easier for our guests than it already is. I am very proud of our team members and will share your comments with them. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were recently in Vancouver and needed a nice hotel at a good price. We don't gamble but the hotel was close to where we were conducting business. The Delta is a nice hotel. The staff was friendly and the king room was clean and the bed very comfortable. We enjoyed a great night sleep-which we truthfully didn't expect because it was a Friday night! We didn't eat in the restaurant and we only gave the casino a quick walk through so it wouldn't be fair to comment on either. We would definitely stay here again and explore more of what the Delta has to offer.

Room Tip: We asked for a room facing away from the road noise as there is ongoing roadway construction. We wer...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
rdmPGDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff friendly. I hope the next time you stay with us you will have the opportunity to dine in e.b.o. Restaurant. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Another wonderful stay at this excellent hotel! Service is always great and they were accepting of our German Shepherd dog.

Positives:
Pet friendly
Cleanliness
Room view
Casino

Negatives:
35$ pet charge
Cost of parking

Overall best hotel in Burnaby.

Room Tip: Sign up for the free privilege program. Nice benefits.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
rdmPGDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre and for posting you review. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay. While we do love to also host our guest's pets, we do charge a pet fee as due to the allergies of a lot of guests we do use an outside company to deep clean our rooms once a pet had departed to ensure there is no hair or dander left behind. In regards to parking we do have multiple options. We do charge for valet service and also for the underground attached parking lot but do offer complimentary parking in the casino lot across the street from the hotel. I am thrilled you find us the best hotel in Burnaby and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnaby
Maywood
Gastown
Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites
Bridgeport
River Rock Casino Resort

Been to Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!