“Friendliest staff we've ever encountered!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center

Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Burnaby
Victoria, Canada
“Friendliest staff we've ever encountered!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Spent one night at the Delta Burnaby and can't say enough about the hotel staff. From the moment we arrived, right up to check out, they couldn't do enough to help out - the front desk clerk, the bellman, right up to the housekeeping staff. The hotel itself was extremely clean, well laid out and the location was great for our needs.
We'd give the Casino a pass next time, but wouldn't hesitate to stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rdmPGDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre on your recent visit to the lower mainland. I am so pleased to see our staff took such great care of you and I will pass on your comments to our team. Sorry if you didn't have any luck at the Grand Villa Casino on this trip but hopefully next time lady luck is on your side. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

It's a good thing the rooms are nicely put together. However they are quite small. Nothing to do around the hotel, location is terrible. Unless you are ONLY wanting to gamble at this casino, stay in Vancouver. Rude front desk. Restaurant is pricey and overrated. Just average. Tries to sell itself as some luxury hotel but don't be fooled. It's s good 3* and that's it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
rdmPGDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review from your stay last summer. I was disappointed to see you were not provided with the level of service that I know we provide our guests on a regular basis. I am sorry that our award winning EBO Restaurant did not meet your needs for this stay but I please to say there are other dining options in the complex for our guests should they be looking for a different style of restaurant. There are also many restaurants and Brentwood Shopping Centre only five minutes away and should our shuttle be available we are happy to provide our guests with transportation.

I would certainly welcome some more detailed comments on your stay. Please feel free to contact me at paul.gallop@deltahotels.com should you wish to discuss. It is our goal to exceed our guest's expectations and I am sorry that it appears we fell short for your stay.

Delta, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

The wife and I stay here New Year's Eve as a last minute thing to do. I got a 30% discount using my CPSA membership. As I've said in other reviews if you stay at a hotel more than 4 nights a year you can easily recoup the membership fee.

The hotel was renovated a few years ago. It is a unique 3-side structure with a well appointed lobby, easy access from Highway 1 and a fair amount of available parking. Our room 1508 was well appointed, bright and clean. It has a large credenza, comfortable bedding, nice artwork and a flat-screen TV. the washroom was clean and is fairly well laid out although it is not huge by any means. One elevator was out for a while so it was a bit slow to get to the room. When the third elevator came back into service getting up and down was pretty quick. One thing I found very nice was the abundance of power outlets. This is one of the few hotels that seems to understand that travellers need easy access to power

Our room was on the side of the hotel with the poorest views (unless you like looking at a technical college) so consider that when booking. The front desk staff was friendly but stressed (see below) and the Starbuck's employee in the lobby was nice enough to bring some samples of hot chocolate over while we waited in line.

So, why only 3 stars? First, the lobby is poorly laid out to accommodate large check in lines. There was chaos as people snaked around and block other guests. The should be roped of queues for busy periods. Second, I was charged to park underground but told I didn't need to register my vehicle or have a pass. After parking I was worried I may be in the wrong spot so I checked with the valet. He said don't worry about it, pretty much anyone can park there. Fair enough but why was I billed $13 then. Just a cash grab in my opinion. Third, there was no WIFI in the room. I find it hard to believe that a "Conference Centre" that is ringing in 2013 did not have wireless. Finally, there was a huge wait because several people decided to try to check in without a credit card and didn't seem to want (or couldn't) to pay the required deposit another way. Staff was almost too considerate of the situation and kept many of us with CC's waiting a long time while dealing with people who couldn't understand why they aren't allowed to use their sister's debit card. This is not the fault of the hotel necessarily but perhaps they could have more prominent signage about Credit Cards an deposit alternatives at the hotel and on their website.

If you can live with these negatives and especially if you want easy access to a casino then you will probably enjoy your stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Allan A
rdmPGDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre for your New Year's night out. I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay but am sorry that you encountered a delay at check in. We have multiple parking options at the hotel to suit all of our guests. For a fee we have valet parking and self parking in our secure underground lot attached to the hotel for easy access for our guests. For those looking for a more economical solution we do offer complimentary parking in the lot across the street from the hotel. We currently have wireless internet available free of charge in our Signature Club Rooms and Suites and in our public areas. We have received all of our equipment and are currently upgrading our system and will have complimentary wireless internet available in all rooms of the hotel soon. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night last weekend. A week prior to our arrival, the Guest Services team sent an email asking if they could do anything to make our stay more enjoyable. I responded that we were there to celebrate my birthday with friends at the adjacent casino and had no special requests.
Check-in was smooth and efficient. The reception staff were friendly, knowledgeable, and a pleasure to deal with. Parking in the small lot beside the hotel was complimentary. There's a Starbucks in the hotel lobby.
Imagine our surprise when we were given a complimentary room upgrade to the Signature Lounge floor, as well as delicious chocolate-covered strawberries and chocolate mousse cake complete with birthday wishes from the Guest Services team. The room was clean, comfortable, and had a lovely view. The window opens, great if you like fresh air. The bathroom was spotless. The decor was modern and inviting. The a/c worked like a charm. We had a great sleep in the comfortable bed.
This is a fabulous hotel, well-priced, well-located (although there's not much within walking distance). The adjacent casino offers entertainment and other dining options, and the hotel is a great alternative to cabbing it home after a night of one-too-many birthday shots. All-in-all, I would not hesitate to stay here again and would recommend the Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre to the even pickiest of travellers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rdmPGDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Happy birthday to your husband and thank you for choosing Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre for your special occasion. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that our Guest Services Team took such great care of you. I hope we will not have to wait another year to welcome you back.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I'm a seasoned business professional that travels a lot and well, the office set me up at this hotel and I'm quite happy of my stay. The staff is extremely courteous and the executive chef (Daniel Craig) at the Ebo restaurant makes some extremely good food. The rooms are extremely clean and you have plenty of space.

Room Tip: Signature club rooms are the way to go.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rdmPGDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the great review. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay and you have discovered what so many others are learning. Ebo Restaurant and our Executive Chef Dan Craig provide an exceptional experience and are quickly becoming recognized as leaders in the lower mainland. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is a very nice hotel, room was clean, free bottle of water, quiet, but all the restaurants are a bit on the pricey side. You can't even get breakfast for much under $18. Apparently you can book your room with breakfast included for only $10 more---that would be the best idea.

Room Tip: Book it with breakfast included
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for letting everyone know the value of booking the Bed and Breakfast package. It is a great option for guests. If someone is looking for something on the lighter side our Starbucks lobby kiosk could be a great option as well. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnaby
Maywood
#1 of 89 in Vancouver
5.0 of 5 bubbles 3,511 reviews
Bridgeport
River Rock Casino Resort

Been to Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!