“Great hotel”

Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Burnaby
Reviewed April 28, 2012

This is a great hotel with very modern rooms and facilities.

The attached casino is a great way to spend a few dollars or to hit the slots. I finished up $15 before deciding to leave but it could be fairly easy to blow the lot.

Great hotel, bit far from main town but lots of parking if your staying in the area

Stayed: April 2012
rdmPGDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre on your recent visit to Burnaby. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy some of our great amenities such as the attached Grand Villa Casino. As you mention we do have a great availability of parking on site and please do not hesitate to ask one of our staff for suggestions on things to do as our area offers a great many options for those staying with us. I hope we will be able to welcome you back again.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We only stayed one night in this hotel, but it was completely enjoyable.

We were shocked at how beautiful the decor was inside the hotel. There is also a casino, restaurant and Starbucks (on the main level).

Our room had a king sized bed, and the room itself was very spacious. We were above one or two major roadways, so there was some road noise, but it just kind of blurred and it was easy enough to fall asleep to.

The view, once we woke up, was so pretty and unexpected (we arrived at night).

The rooms were very clean. The bathrooms were quite nice, spacious, and the water pressure in the shower was good.

You need to use your room key to operate the elevator (I guess to keep the rif raff out from the casino?)

The main restaurant had gluten-free toast AND a choice of regular or vanilla soy milk for coffee, which had me over the moon. Might not sound like much, but for someone with dietary restrictions/allergies, this was a huge huge plus for me. It's the first place that has ever offered me gluten-free toast!

Check out was super easy and fast. Paperless (they email your receipt to you immediately).
Floral arrangements at the front desk rival any wedding centerpiece I've ever seen. Not that it matters to your hotel stay, but the place really was very nice. I would stay there again in a heartbeat and recommend it.

It's best if you have a rental car to get around, as there are mostly tile and building supply stores in the close vicinity.

Room Tip: Northeast facing rooms have a lovely mountain view, but are right atop the Trans-Canada highway. Eit...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us, I hope next time you will be able to stay longer than one night! As you mention, EBO Restaurant offer gluten free menu items for all meal periods, I am glad you were able to enjoy your breakfast. A great option rather than renting a vehicle is to ask about our local shuttle. If available we can transport you to the sky train station, Brentwood Mall or any number of great restaurants in the area. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed here one night following a one day business seminar, and turned it into a couples retreat for the evening. The room was spacious, comfortable, and very quiet, and the bed was super comfy. We pre orderded room service breakfast which was very enjoyable. We like to be able to relax a litlle longer in our room in the morning and this allows us to do so.
We enjoyed a quiet couples dinner in the EBO restaurant. The prices are a little higher than we normally endulge in but we have to say it was so worth it. We are still talking about how good it was. The service was outstanding. Our waitress (Christine) was very friendly and helpful.
We enjoyed some time in the casino as well. We found it very clean and the service was great there too.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre and for posting your wonderful review. Even though you were here for business I am glad you were able to take the time to turn it into a relaxing stay. From In Room Dining, EBO Restaurant and the Grand Villa Casino we offer a lot of options for someone to relax and unwind. I will pass on your comments to Christine in EBO Restaurant, I am proud to say we receive numerous great comments on her service. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Second business trip to this hotel this year. Excellent folks from reservations thru to housekeeping.
Recommend, and will be back..

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

I am glad we were able to welcome you back to the Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre. We take pride in providing a seamless experience to all of our guests and will pass on your comments to our team. Thank you for recommending us and I hope we will be able to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

It's a Delta hotel, so you know you will get good service and a decent room for the money. Attached is a small casino and a few restaurants, but nothing around for miles, so make sure you have a car or are willing to kick out some cab fare. No disappointments here, but nothing spectacular either. (The restaurants are superb though!) pss...come on guys, hurry up with the wireless internet...you've been promising this for two years now! :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing North...and get a view of the mountains!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank beachgringoBC
rdmPGDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay, especially the many great dining options such as the award winning EBO Restaurant. Please ask the Front Desk on a future stay to see if our shuttle is available as we would be happy to take you to the sky train station, Brentwood Mall or another close by location. We do have wireless internet available in our Signature Club Rooms and have recently made our guest room internet access complimentary. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I have stayed at the Delta Burnaby numerous times for work and have cannot recall one time where I was not happy.
The staff are excellent; helpful and always are ready with recommendations for restaurants, things to do...etc. And the rooms are always very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
rdmPGDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre when you are in the area for work. I am very proud of all of our staff including our Housekeeping and Maintenance teams who do a great job in ensuring the building is well looked after. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to make your stays with us more enjoyable.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

This is the third time I've stayed here on business and whilst the main reason for choosing the hotel was originally location I keep going back for the excellent service. From check in to check out nothing is too much trouble and I'm still amazed that the restaurant staff (gold star for Sarah) genuinely remember me and my preferences after several months between trips. Being away from home on business it makes a big difference to feel welcome and valued. Rooms are spotless, well equipped and comfortable. The restaurant serves a reasonable variety of food all to a very high standard though pretty rich in taste and price. It does say though on the menu that you can ask for something else if you fancy it and I suspect that wouldn't be a problem - I guess the menu options were just too tempting, maybe next time. One tip - join the loyalty scheme - it's worth it for the late checkout alone. Also note the location was perfect for me but if you need to be downtown it's a good walk to the skytrain

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
rdmPGDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre on your recent trip. I am so happy to see this is your third time with us and that we were able to take great care of you. We are very proud of our award winning EBO Restaurant and I will pass on your comments to Sara and our team. As you mention we have a program at Delta Hotels called Our Kitchen is Your Kitchen, if you ever would like something different that we don't have on our menu and we have the items we would be happy to accommodate. Our Delta Privilege program is also great for the frequent traveller and allows us to know your preferences prior to your arrival, including late check outs! Next time you are with us if you need to go to the skytrain station please inquire at the Front Desk to see if our shuttle is available, if it is we would be happy to drop you off. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Operations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnaby
Maywood
Gastown
Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites
Bridgeport
River Rock Casino Resort

Been to Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!