“Great Hotel and Staff”

Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Burnaby
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Bid on priceline and this was the hotel we got. We couldnt believe it was the right place when we pulled up because of how grand it looked for what we paid! As soon as we pulled up, the boys at the door looked after us. Got our bags, parked our car, dragged our things to the room, even retrieved my phone I left in the car! All the time being friendly and professional. The Check in was easy and we were told of their endless list of amenities. We were given a room on the 18th floor with a kingsize bed and beautiful view of Vancouver. Lovely, clean room with a big cushy bed. After supper we were having company up to our room so asked the boys at the door where the nearest liquor store was and they offered to drive my husband there in the shuttle! Really great customer service!! We also tried their restaurant and checked out the great entertainment in the attatched casino. We had a really great stay and highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: go high!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
rdmPGDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2011

Hello,

My name is Paul Gallop and I am the Operations Manager for the Delta Burnaby Hotel. I was so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and that our staff took great care of you. As you mentioned we have some great things to do in the area and I was pleased to see we were able to accommodate you in our shuttle when you needed it. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed June 1, 2011

This hotel and conference centre is in a beautiful location with excellent amenities. We were there for a company hockey tournament and they were very good to us!

The casino is convient, food was delicious, room was very nice, staff were wonderful!

I would definitely stay there again, and I would recommend all of my friends to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank occasional_me

Hello,

My name is Paul Gallop and I am the Operations Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre. Thank you very much for your great comments, I am proud of the team we have here at the hotel and we always strive to exceed our guest's expectations. I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed May 13, 2011

I am writing this review as i am still here in the hotel. In fact, I am using one of the hotel's two (2) computer terminals. I am using the one in the Signature Club Lounge (20th floor)'s computer, which has a printer attached. The other one is located on the main floor in the Business Centre. That particular one seems to be used all the time as the door to the Business Centre was left wide open and no login/ password is required, so anyone can walk in and use it.

The hotel is situated just south of the Transcanada highway 1 which has a lot of traffic all the time. We were placed on the 19th floor (Signature club) and that room had a view of the majestic mountains & the highway. The highway is noisy despite the hotel having heavy curtain & sheer, it couldn't completely drown out the noise. Though the view of the mountains is very breathtaking. Plus, you can walk outside to the balcony for a panaramic view.

This is by far the most contemporary and chic Delta hotel. The other ones I stayed at in Halifax were quite old and needed some updates. But, Delta Burnaby has the following chic items in the guest room:

1) Dark chocolate colour desk
2) Stand-up style glass shower enclosure (in place of the tub)
3) Kohler sink and toilet
4) Granite countertop
5) Modern decor and light fixtures

Overall, I like the modern style they have at the hotel.

The parking is across the street. It is also the parking for the adjoining casino. Anyone can drive into the parking as there is no barrier or attendant there.

The location is in a somewhat industrial area, other than the hotel/ casino, there is not much around here. If you need to go to a mall, try Metrotown, it is a large two storey mall with plenty of indoor parking.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Truthfu1
rdmPGDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2011

My name is Paul Gallop and I am the Operations Manager at the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay with us. I am glad you are enjoying your stay and please ensure you let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay morte enjoyble!

Reviewed January 12, 2011

Everything was great about our stay, which began with the entrance to the jaw-droppingly beautiful entrance/lobby. We had an efficient check-in, and after we figured out how the elevator worked, got to our rooms.

There we found great decor and large, spacious rooms that were impeccably clean. Delta calls their bed "Sanctuary" with good reason. Super comfortable, with just the right blend of firm yet cushy, topped with a cozy duvet. All the pillows in the universe. My standard king room had all the usual amenities, including a nice plasma TV, but did not offer a fridge, or wifi access. A coffeemaker with real mugs, good coffee, and a liquid creamer, (instead of nasty packets) was well appreciated.

I would recommend that you pay the extra fee for a Signature Room, which gives access to the 21st floor. Offered there is complimentary appetizers and non-alcoholic drinks, honor bar in the evening, and complimentary continental breakfast in the morning. Beautiful, generous offerings in both instances. Hosted in a lovely lounge with "beautiful" views. (Can't quite call it beautiful because it's very industrial, but it's a beautiful lounge, beautiful windows, and you can glimpse the beautiful mountains in the distance :) We won access to the lounge during a draw held on our Christmas Day, and were glad of it, because there was very little available that suited our pleasure eating-wise in the hotel, other than room service.

Service all throughout our stay was warm and relaxed, and gave me the impression of a cozy boutique hotel rather than an big, impersonal, corporate hotel. They took the time to ask why we were visiting, how we were enjoying things, and how we liked the hotel. They showed a lot of pride in their work and their hotel.

Other than it's commercial/industrial location and the resulting lack of dining/shopping/attractions other than the attached casino, I couldn't find anything to fault with the hotel. If you are looking for that kind of entertainment, and you'd like it within walking distance, you need to look elsewhere than this hotel.

A note about the casino: I'm not a gambler, and other than wandering through the casino, unsuccessfully, in search of food, I really wanted nothing to do with it. Luckily, my wish was granted. The hotel and casino, though under the same roof, are entirely separate enterprises, and you can do either one without any involvement with the other. The hotel was very quiet and peaceful, and had I not known there was a casino there, I would have been none the wiser.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
rdmPGDeltaBUR, Manager at Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

My name is Paul Gallop and I am the Operations Manager for the Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre. Thank you very much for your comments and choosing us for your recent stay to Burnaby. As you mention we have wonderful amenities inhouse such as our Signature Club Lounge. We also offer multiple dining options such as EBO Restaurant, Scala Lounge in the casino and Japanese and Chinese restaurants right beside us. We do also offer a shuttle service when available that can assist our guests with transportation to a lot of other dining and shopping options very close by. We hope to be able to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed December 31, 2010

I stayed at the Delta Hotel in Burnaby for 7 nights and it was an excellent hotel from its well decorated lobby to its fresh rooms. I had requested a high floor and received the 18th floor when I arrived- and I had booked this on Expedia. The room was well appointed with nice flat screen television and comfortable beds. Although my room did not have a refrigerator, I requested one at check-in and one was brought to my room with 10 minutes free of charge. The hotel is very quiet and rooms are well insulated for noise- I got an excellent night of sleep every night. This hotel is comparable to hotels double its price range.
Although secured underground parking is $15 a night, the casino parking is free right across the road. The Skytrain is about a 15-20 minute walk away or a short bus ride. The staff in the hotel, the Starbusks and the A&W where all friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 24, 2010

The hotel is fine in general. However what upset me is that the did not follow the promises of the privileges program. I stayed around 44 nights in 2010. Did I receive the privileges? No, even after much discussion (argumentative). "We'll upgrade you next year".

One of my stays was 30 nights! You would think they would be grateful, and bend over backwards to live up to their promises. They even had "double points" running during this period.

In general the hotel was fine although one other incident bothered me; one day the room was sloppily made up; worst of all there were wet flannels which made me wonder if the maid had taken the used flannels out of the bathtub and rolled them up again for reuse... thats a little too green.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2010

Stayed at the Delta for 5 nights and had a great stay. The standard room does not come with a fridge and when I requested one at check-in the staff delivered and set one up in 30 minutes at no charge. The hotel has parking for $15 per day and since the free casino parkade height was too low for my truck I stay underground and was pleased with the amount of free space and had no concerns about theft or door dings. BCIT is only 2 blocks away so it is a great location for this or if you want to enjoy a hotel with a casino in the lower mainland. The rooms were spacious, clean and quiet with only a few rooms on each floor which kept the noise at night to a minimum if you were lucky enough to be a quiet floor. For food there is an A&W and a Chinese buffet (Jade) in the casino for quick food at a low price. The hotel also has a lounge and restuarant to enjoy or have room service after a long day. There is a Starbucks in the lobby, Subway is about 4 blocks up Canada Way, Metrotown Mall (5 min drive), and across Highway 1 (3 min drive) you will find may restuarants including White Spot, BP, and a Shark Club. If you have kids they may have limited entertainment at the hotel. Internet is extra unless you upgrade your room. The staff were very friendly and helpful and I would recommend this hotel at anyone

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank BCSandSeeker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnaby
Willingdon Heights
Downtown
Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Hyatt Regency Vancouver
#27 of 92 in Vancouver

Been to Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!