“Good to excellent”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Toronto, Canada
“Good to excellent”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Pleasant surprise. We went here for lunch and since we are out of towners, went in on good faith, no expectations. Friendly staff, seated promptly, tea and menus arrived in seconds. A few unusual combinations and all reasonably priced. Nice selection of appetizers. We both chose a sushi combo served with miso soup, salad, and soba noodles. Very very good. Everything fresh and lovely presentation. Lunch for two under $20 before tax and tip. Can't beat that!

• Visited July 2014

Vancouver, Canada
“Great discount and authentic Japanese food”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

It is a friendly place. When my 20 mth old grandson is making a fuzz, a waitress spent time to make up a game- cover and open her face as she walked by. That drew the attention of the baby and he is fine.
Japanese go to this restaurant that shows the food must be authentic. Price is reasonable. Get a discount for take out food.
Try the steam rice with chicken, mushroom and veg in a small bowl. It takes time to cook but it is worth it. It is enough for 2.
Buy the $200 cr card that will never expire and u pay only $170. Use it like cash to pay for your food. Leave a cash tip if u use the card to pay for food. If u buy the card with your bank cr card that gives u points, that is like double dipping. Do the math and see the great discount.

• Visited June 2014
Delta, Canada
“Good Enough Place for a Late Lunch”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

A friend and I headed here for a late lunch after a jaunt around Burnaby Lake. Because of the time of day, we had no problems getting a table quickly. The menu has some more unusual items, and I was happy to see tanks of live spot prawns and lobster. The restaurant is also Japanese run. All good signs. I ordered a Bento lunch box, and my friend ordered the Chirashi bowl.

The meals were beautifully presented, and the portions quite large for the what you pay. I found my chicken karaage not quite as crispy as I like it, but it could be a different cooking technique and breading that was used. Unfortunately, my friend found her tuna sashimi not quite as fresh as she likes it. (This is why I've marked down the rating to "average" instead of "very good".)

I heard this place expanded, so there is definitely more seating. Parking is a little tight, but you can find free parking for an hour on nearby side streets.

• Visited June 2014
San Francisco, California
“Fresh food and great prices!”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

My friends and I were visiting the Vancouver area and were recommended to visit this place by locals for lobster sashimi. The lobster sashimi came with an order of assorted sashimi and we even had a lobster miso soup with udon with the leftover lobster parts. We had a table of 9 people with drinks and the bill came to just under $200 CAD! We ordered many rolls, two orders of the lobster sashimi combo, and some nigiris. The food there was fresh, the service was excellent, and the price was awesome!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Rosanna N
Burnaby, British Columbia
“I will never go there again!!!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I was so disappointed to find out that the waitress gave us the cold water using unwashed dirty glass. My daughter found out the water is dirty after she already drunk half of the bottle.
We wait over 15 minutes to be seated and the service is so bad.
I will never go there again!!!

• Visited March 2014