“Fresh food and great prices!”
Review of Nao sushi

Nao sushi
Ranked #142 of 602 Restaurants in Burnaby
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
San Francisco, California
“Fresh food and great prices!”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

My friends and I were visiting the Vancouver area and were recommended to visit this place by locals for lobster sashimi. The lobster sashimi came with an order of assorted sashimi and we even had a lobster miso soup with udon with the leftover lobster parts. We had a table of 9 people with drinks and the bill came to just under $200 CAD! We ordered many rolls, two orders of the lobster sashimi combo, and some nigiris. The food there was fresh, the service was excellent, and the price was awesome!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Rosanna N

Burnaby, British Columbia
“I will never go there again!!!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I was so disappointed to find out that the waitress gave us the cold water using unwashed dirty glass. My daughter found out the water is dirty after she already drunk half of the bottle.
We wait over 15 minutes to be seated and the service is so bad.
I will never go there again!!!

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Li09
Vancouver, Canada
“Simply good!”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Japanese run restaurant, fresh sushi, good quality in general. Lunch special is good in both portion and price. Usually busy at lunch time. Seating is tight though.

• Visited December 2013
Nishinomiya, Japan
“Not skimpy on the portions”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Every year we come back to Vancouver, we come to this restaurant at least once. It is great for lunch, the prices are reasonable and they service real authentic Japanese food.

What I personally like is the portion size. It is not tiny. The sashimi and sushi pieces are a good mouthful. They understand their clientele and cater to folks that want to be satisfied without emptying their wallets.

This restaurant is not high end Japanese but mid level, noisy and for lunch it is crammed packed with customers. Expect a wait to get a table.

Great value. great taste and highly recommend.

• Visited July 2013
“The cheapest price for quality sushi in Vancouver!!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Have been going here for 7 years and the sushi is consistently good and it's my favorite sushi restaurant in Vancouver. Sushi is my favorite food and I've tried dozens of them throughout the city and this place is the best value anywhere. Quality sushi (not ayce type), large pieces and fresh everything. All sashimi is fresh, tempura batter is great, rolls are large (and there a few fancy ones) and the fresh Lobster sashimi is fantastic! The only thing I can say that is somewhat negative is that this place gets busy early and when it's busy (like most other places), the service suffers a little. Also the bowls of rice is a little on the tiny side. The service staff are great almost all the time and the owner ( his name is Nao) is usually there on the end of the sushi bar preparing the sashimis. LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!

• Visited March 2013