“Probably once is enough”
Review of Simba's Grill - CLOSED

Simba's Grill
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We had one beef dish and a curry dish for lunch. Their volume was way more than for two people; it probably fed three people comfortably.

They are said to be typical foods from East Africa (the owners are from Kenya) with a clear hint of influence from the Indian sub-continent.

We personally prefer common Indian foods to the East African version.

The service was quite good, but the food wasn't quite our kind.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I love this place, the service, welcome and food is awesome. The owner, Yasmin always remembers what i ordered every visit i make, she makes me feel special and welcomed like an old family friend....i took 8 people from work this time, and my group was so impressed with the service, detail to attention and ofcourse the consistancy of the food is always the same...i have booked the place for my birthday....for 35 people, the whole restaurant....and look forward to it, and introducing more people to my fav restaurant!

1  Thank George J
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We've actually travelled to Africa and can say this food is the real deal. The service was excellent (helped our party choose a variety of dishes to please everyone), the food very yummy, and the portions are large. Definitely worth seeking out this restaurant!

2  Thank Rick O
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We enjoyed trying something a bit out of the ordinary. I quite liked my chicken dish. We appreciated the owner checking with us to see how we were enjoying our food. Servers were very nice.

1  Thank BB C
Reviewed March 14, 2012

This is a tucked away on Edmonds and can be easily missed. Their portions are large. The African style Indian curries are rich and very tasty. Meats are very tender!

1  Thank CanVanBC