“very average”

Popsey's Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 148 Restaurants in Campbell River
Reviewed December 8, 2012

The food is average, not a very interesting menu. The place needs some upgrading and tlc. Service was good though.

Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

I stopped by this restaurant for lunch as I had a vehicle being serviced at a shop across the street. The restaurant is well worn and in need up some TLC. The seat at the booth that was seated at had a lot of duct tape covering up huge rips. It was not very attractive.
The food was ok, the only thing that I really liked was the fries. They were like home cut fries, very tasty. The prices seemed on the high side. I would not plan to come back to this restaurant and I would not bring my wife there.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Although the pricing options are more than a little confusing, if not outright contradictory, the food was excellent. I mean, sure - it's just breakfast, how can you screw that up? But there is such a thing as a bad breakfast, which is what makes GOOD breakfasts so memorable. If you can negotiate the menu it's worth it for the good food. Hard to rate the dollar value because with their specials it ranges from super cheap to hella expensive.

Example: breakfast special - 2 eggs, a pancake and toast for like 2.99. Menu price - 1 pancake, 2 eggs and 2 toast for 6.99. Wait, what?

Reviewed May 2, 2012

If all you want for brekkie is an omelette or fried eggs and bacon - this is the place... really really reasonable at any time.
All the food is cooked fresh - but service can be slow if very busy. The decor is diner/wood lodge and ambience depends on how many people are there.
Beware... the Ladies washrooms are very cramped.... and if even a little overweight - it is a tight squeeze.
Well worth the visit for a great allday breakfast

Reviewed April 12, 2012

I paid extra to have the fries upgraded to poutine. It clearly states in the menu that the poutine uses cheese curds. When I received my meal, the poutine had shredded cheese on it. Shedded cheese and gravy does not make poutine. I would have clarified this point if the menu had not been clear about the use of cheese curds. I asked the waitress where the cheese curds were and she went to ask the "chef". I was informed that they used shredded cheese curds!! That is the most rediculous things I have ever heard. I explained that I would not have ordered poutine if I had known it was going to be shredded cheese. I was still willing to eat the fries, gravy and cheese (I can't call this poutine since its not) rather than throw it away, but I was not willing to pay for it. She went and saw the "chef" and then told me that I could not keep the fries if I was not going to pay for them. They wanted to scrape them off of my plate and give me plain fries instead. I could not believe this. What a waste of food. Have an accurate menu and this would not happen. I got a bit irate with all of this and they decided to let me keep the fries, but when I got the bill, they charged me for the gravy. What a cheap, petty, annoying thing to do. I steadfastly refused to pay for the gravy since it was part of the "poutine" that wasn't. They finally gave in without any sort of apology about having an innacurate menu. Too bad considering they have one of the best clubhouse sandwiches in town. Just hope you don't have a problem with anything or you will have a fight on your hands.