“Awesome sushi!!! Best in town”
Review of Sushi Mong

Sushi Mong
Ranked #25 of 145 Restaurants in Campbell River
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I love the people that own this restaurant and the food is delicious !!!! Really fresh from the sea you don't get sushi in town any fresher than here!

6  Thank Brownbebe18
There are newer reviews for Sushi Mong

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Great variety. If you are unsure of what a dish is, they will bring you an IPad with pictures of all the menu items- what great innovation! Good service from the Asian staff, all very friendly.

6  Thank christinern
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Fairly new Japanese restaraunt in CR, thought it was time to try it. I have never had deep fried gyoza before, it was awful, the sauce was extremely salty. The nigiri was average. Dinner for one with a japanese beer was $45.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

I've been this sushi restaurant this monday because we had a birthday party.
We had 10 people so we ordered Tray C and 2 assorted tempura and did togo for set C(crazy boy and girl). I saved some money today and it tasted good. I like this place.
The asian lady gave us some steamy rice? or something with some pops.
They were nice and it was a great experience.

4  Thank sushilover2011
Reviewed November 7, 2011

First of all, I loved the look of the place. The Japanese art on the curtains hanging above the wood panelling and the green booths. Lots of tables, quite a big restaurant. We were seated immediately and were even brought a new complimentary dish they were trying out to see if it should be on the menu. It was some type of squid salad. It was supposed to be a little spicy but I didn't taste it.
The menu is LARGE but carries no description of what their rolls are. Lots of unfamilar names (Mexican roll?!?) and we asked many questions. The server was very friendly and willing to answer or find out the answer for us. We ordered a lunch combo roll (Crunchy roll - had tempura bits on top - and a California roll both for $8,) and a yam roll for $4.50. My friend had a sunomono salad as well. She said it was sweeter than what she was used to. The yam roll was impressively large and full of yam tempura bits and cucumber. The other rolls, well we were confused. We thought the fillings were different when they were explained to us, but when they came out it was the same california roll, just one had tempura flakes on top. Kind of odd. Maybe there was a mistake? We never bothered asking. So the crab was imitation (but they were upfront about it) and tasted sweet as well.
Overall the menu was pricier than other sushi options in town. At the end of the meal we were brought several pieces of candy - very funny candy! For example, a gummy of an "Ice Kid Cone" and a "Mystery Flavor" lollipop. Definitely setting themselves apart with this touch, ha!
I didn't love our meal, but it wasn't bad. Just not the best. Service was fine, it was very clean and well maintained. Nice to have a complimentary dish to try (and my friend who had been here months before said that she received one then as well). Menu had tons of options, and I heard that they are coming out with a new one shortly.

2  Thank kinx81