“Umpteenth visit... fabulous as always”

Wasabiya Japanese Sushi Cafe
Ranked #14 of 145 Restaurants in Campbell River
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
British Columbia
“Umpteenth visit... fabulous as always”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Try to eat here at least monthly... but I don't always remember to take my camera. As well as the usual and classic fare, Hiro and his crew have started making their own Gyoza in-house, themselves... like WOW!!! This month's special dishes include striped jellyfish, sort of shredded, swerved over slivered cucumber nested on marinated seaweed... the light "sauce" has a miso/sesame base - tart and tangy as well as sweet and earthy... and then of course there's the Tuna Tataki!!! ALWAYS make a reservation... this place is almost always full!!!

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank widget50

Campbell River, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

The smoked salmon salad is one of my favorite things in this restaurant - but the list goes on and on!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Natalie M
“Don't waste your money”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I've been to most of the sushi places in the area. Spend your money somewhere else! This place used to be the only Sushi restaurant in the area but now there are several. Their prices are highs me their rolls are small. I've spent less and fed my family better at Sushi Mong or Miki's. There is no where to sit (called at 430 to make reservations for 4 and was told 8pm!). The sushi itself is OK but I expected more from the reviews others have written. Very disappointed and hungry. Wasabi ya you better change otherwise your clientele won't keep coming.

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank Servicenotavailable
port hardy
“Never disappointed”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We have been going to this wonderful Japanese restaurant for many years now. After moving over 2 hours away from the area, it is always one of our hi lights when traveling back there. Excellent atmosphere combined with wonderful friendly service and fantastic food made this a must when in Campbell River. The spicey grilled tuna is my favourite and I sometimes have 2 orders. They are always busy so make sure you make reservations so you won't be disappointed.

• Visited June 2013
Campbell River
“Slow Sushi”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have to admit the food was good but by the time we got it we were so tired of waiting that it took some of the enjoyment out of it. The servers were very pleasant and were always attentive. I saw a lot of to-go orders being taken out so I think that is a big part of their business. I think this is why the restaurant is so small. I will eat there again but maybe next time I'll order out.

• Visited January 2013