“Fantastic fish but failed fries.”
Review of Dicks Fish & Chips

Dicks Fish & Chips
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch
Description: Good old fashion Fish & Chips We also have burgers and salads as well We have GLUTEN FREE Fish & Chips cooked in its own fryer
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We waited close to 20 minutes in a light drizzle for the fish and chips I'd heard so much about. When we received our order (one 2-piece cod and one 2-piece halibut) I powered through the fish as it was cooked to perfection. However, when I got to the fries under the fish I was highly disappointed. As I former restaurant owner and cook I immediately thought the fries tasted like they were being rushed and put into oil that wasn't up to proper temperature. They had no crisp on them and weren't cooked properly. This is understandable as there was a long line and the kitchen was bustling to get everything done. However, as fries are as important to me as teh actual fish, I left somewhat disappointed. I did hear from the gentleman next to me though that the halibut burger was amazing.

2  Thank baconwrappedmeatlog

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Great fish and chips, even the gluten free batter! The chips were only barely warm when we got our order, but it was very busy so maybe that is the reason? Loved sitting on the outside dock to enjoy our fish!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

A great place to bring visitors. Fresh fish, be prepared to wait, as they are busy. But worth the wait!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

It is what it is advertised to be. Fish & Chips on a floating dock on the water. Fish was nicely done. Fries a bit soggy. No halibut available on our day.

2  Thank thedonohues
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stopped here on our way to the river. Since my Dad didn't want to take time away from his fly fishing to sit and eat, we ordered our food to go.
Took about 20-30 minutes to get our food. The place was packed with long lines.
Food was great and probably would have been even better if we didn't have to eat it in the car on the side of the road while my Dad was gearing up to fish.