“Funky eatery next to the Quadra Island ferry terminal”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Java Shack

Java Shack
Ranked #23 of 139 Restaurants in Campbell River
Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Powell River, Canada
“Funky eatery next to the Quadra Island ferry terminal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

We asked someone at London Drugs where to eat and they highly recommended this restaurant. It is easy to find as it is in the Tyee Plaza across from the Visitor's Centre. It is a little hidden as you have to walk through a side alley, just ask someone where it is for quick access. My husband had the cheese sandwich and soup and I had a lovely grilled vegetable salad, both were delicious. They use Kicking Horse coffee which is really good. We had a real chuckle about the animal table markers used to identify the orders to be served. Obviously there is a sense of humour in the place. We found the staff delightful but we went around 2 p.m. so it wasn't crazy busy. The prices were good.

• Visited May 2013

Campbell River, Canada
“coffee shop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

more of a health food style of coffee shop, very casual. Has a view of the ocean and ferry dock. I personally like it for good homemade muffins, cookies, granola, wraps, and coffees.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Denise748
Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I've had lunch here in the past and I don't know why people say it's so slow?! I've never had a bad experience here. Today was the first time I've been in since they renovated. It looks great! The kitchen is WAY bigger and better and so I would imagine the "slow" some people experience will no longer be an issue. I can attest because I was on my lunch hour and once my partner and I finally decided what to eat (SO MANY YUMMY CHOICES!) we had our food, hot & fresh in front of us within 10 minutes maybe 15. I don't consider this a long wait. I ordered the grilled cheese with prosciutto & a yummy salad, my partner chose the grilled pesto chicken sandwich which was HUGE and he loved it too. I love the atmosphere and all the staff is courteous and attentive. Keep it up guys!

• Visited April 2013
Campbell River, Canada
“The shack snack”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Hmm the Java Shack...........Yea.......As far as i'm concerned the owner and the employee's of this "shack" go online and blatantly self promote themselves in the most unprofessional way. If you pay attention and watch, it's not hard to figure out aka *goner1* The only reason they would be out of bread if you wanted a later lunch is because the service is slow and the coffee is kicking horse, that you can buy at SUPERSTORE........and because they don't buy enough supplies to get themselves through a full day. I have had better coffee at MAC'S gas station on dogwood. The worst service than i'd ever had from some B.O. smelling patchouli hippy one stop shop.

• Visited February 2013
11 Thank megatr0nic
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Awesome food in a casual hippy environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Really special food for breakfasts and lunches. Try some of the creative, interesting, items on the menu - everything is delish. Pretty good for vegetarian choices. Get there earlyish if you want one of their awesome sandwiches, because they will be out of bread if you are wanting a later lunch. The prices seem reasonable for the quality of food you get. The patio is nice in summer. The dining room can be a little hectic, but the great food is worth it. Great take-out too. Casual, friendly counter service. Bus your own table after eating.

• Visited December 2012