“Amazing!!!”

Ranked #15 of 146 Restaurants in Campbell River
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Wow!! I have lived in CR for almost two years and finally went to lunch there!! Absolutely outstanding!! ...generous portions and great staff! We will be back for sure!!

4  Thank Shaujam

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Shot in the Dark Cafe is a great place to enjoy a latte or cappuccino with your breakfast or lunch.

There is nothing really fancy about this place just a really good eat. It is located downtown Campbell River across the street from the ferry terminal.

Wifi is also available.

4  Thank Anders T
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Got in Friday AM. Took my wife and Mother-in-law here for lunch. Nothing has changed, same friendly guys, same quality food.
My wife and mother-in-law shared the Turkey Supreme (its almost too big for one person) which they thoroughly enjoyed. I had the Reuben, which had abundant corned beef, sauerkraut, cheese and dressing on toasted bread. Although I prefer the Reuben grilled, perhaps in a panini press, it was quite good... and it did come with a pickle and chips.
We also, sampled a most unusual muffin that seemed to combine a fruit and peperoncini for a sweet, yet spicy experience.
Friendly, prompt service, quality, tasty food, creative combinations... a culinary trifecta, if ever there was one

5  Thank Morton T
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I went to this cafe two days in a row because I was in town and heard such good things. Well the first day I order eggs Benny and a latte. I waited, and waited and after seeing the guy that took my order twiddling his thumbs for 20 minutes I decided to remind him I was waiting for my latte. There was no one else waiting at this time. When I received my latte I waited for it to cool down for a few minutes and when I took a small careful sip it still was so hot it burnt my tongue. This guy obviously doesn't know how to steam milk. My holandaise was so lemony I thought maybe it was sour because it had gone bad at first. The next day I only had 40 mins so I ordered a bowl of soup that took 30 minutes to get. No one was friendly and the cafe itself was bitterly cold

2  Thank Evilfeline007
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I came to the island to experience Canada. I hear Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada is the best place to go, due to all the amazing rainforest's and tourism. My first stop was Comox airport and then a shuttle to Campbell River. When I first came to town I was very hungry and tired. I asked a gentleman on the street where a good place to eat with an internet connection is and he said "Shot In The Dark. I was staying at "The Coast" So it was a short walk. I had to ask the front desk for directions how on how to get there and believe it or not, they knew the way! So I walked there, upon entering I could smell baked goods like cookie's and garlic in the air, it felt like home. I saw a patio, tables and chairs by the front door. I walked in and the place was busy. As I walked in I could see the news on a big TV on the wall and I heard some pleasing arabic music in the back ground. Everyone was eating and being jolly, it was a sight to see, the place was PACKED! I saw four men behind the counter working hard. I met a friendly fellow who took my order and I had a seat at the bar until a table was free for me. Once my food was ready, a table was open for me so that was good. They gave me a free expresso while I waited, I was very impressed. I eventually got a table and enjoyed my meal. Thank you Shot In The Dark, I will be back,

Best Regards