“Good food and charming location”

Quay West Kitchen & Catering
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Good food and charming location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Suggested by our guests in Campbell River, we were so statisfied that we went back the following evening.
Quay West is located just by the water, with a nice sight of the local wharf.
We chose outdoor seating first time, and inside table -but in front of the window- second time. Both solutions very charming.
We had fish (both salmon and halibut) and chips, daily soup and salad, burgers.
Apparently simple food, but carefully prepared, with high-quality ingredients.
The service was attentive and friendly. Fair prices.
We would recommend this place in a town that, despite the numbers, has very limited interesting options.

“Fantastic seafood chowder!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Quay West is a wonderful place to eat in Campbell River! The seafood chowder is the best I've ever eaten and I also had a delicious oyster burger. My companion and I heartily recommend this restaurant. Our server was so nice and she readily disclosed some of the secret ingredients in that delicious chowder, which I thought was very generous.

Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent place for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

My friend and I had spent a fishing weekend at Painter's and planned to have lunch in the pub at the lodge. Unfortunately, they were not open at just after 11 AM, so we headed into town and stumbled onto Quay West. We weren't expecting much, just a burger or fish and chips and a beer before heading down island. I was pleasantly surprised. The deck with a view of the marina was a great place to enjoy lunch, but the real surprise was the Bacon Blue Burger. A sloppy mess to be sure, but wow, it was good. If you like blue chees and crispy bacon with all the fixings, stop in for lunch on a warm summers day. It's a treat.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank JohnAnn B
Huntington Beach, California
“Great view, good food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

The hotel recommended us this place when we asked for a good place in town, which serves decent local seafood. This place provided us exactly that!! We asked for their recommendations and ordered accordingly along with their daily specials. Located smack in the middle of town, with waterfront views and good service, we enjoyed our time there and definitely recommend you to go once on your vacation to Campbell River.

• Visited July 2013
Richmond, Canada
“What a nice stop, sure I regret not planning a longer trip to this area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

On my way to Port Hardy to take the Ferry to Prince Rupert next day. Had never been to Campbell River and was amazed of the beauty of this town. Cottages, restaurants, beaches, parks and a nice August sunny day!.

I was hungry for lunch and so was my son. We walked in the Quay West and was amazed at the menu. I am not a big eater, but sure felt like having something nice. I got the crab cakes and they were amazing!

I was seated beside the door to the patio and peaked at many of the dishes they were serving. Most of them, seafood and they all looked amazing and delicious.

A pretty view of Quadra Island too.

Service was great. I will definitely come back. Cost ressonable too and good variety as well.

Great for kids too. lots of choices.

Come hungry :)