“Big let down”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We had read about the Restaurants in Campbell River on Tripadviser and chose Quay West as a good place to eat, what a big mistake. The starters were good but the main courses were a disaster, hells kitchen!! My wife's halibut was way overcooked and my steak was burnt and very thin. I asked for a medium well, but as the steak was thin it got way overcooked, If I had found the burnt part of the steak at the first bite I would have sent both meals back - my wife said hers was OK!! Unfortunately I had eaten 60% of my steak before I found the burnt bit (as in chard black), I noted that the chef had cut off some of the burnt meat. The head waitress tried to limit the damage, but it was too late.

1  Thank Fosie

Reviewed June 17, 2013

One of the nicest resteraunts on the island gave us a big disapointment when we were there on the 17th. of June. Four of us went to lunch and two said there food was o.k. but I and another person had their Calamari which is usually very good but this time it was awful-over battered and overcooked. The worst I've ever had any time or any place.I should have sent the orders back but did'nt instead I mentioned to the waitress who was'nt pleased by my remarks, So-anyway we'll go again and give it another try.Has the management changed ? Maybe so.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Our first time in Campbell River and this restaurant was recommended by our hotel. They did not disappoint. We had an excellent table with a window view of the Discovery Passage. The service was friendly and efficient, the food was excellent and there was no pressure to hurry up and surrender our table. Would definitely recommend this restaurant and dine here again if we visit Campbell River.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Love this place !!! Food is fresh and very very good , this is my new fav restaurant in Campbell river. I wish they had their french onion soup on their daily menu because it is the best I have ever had . The service is great and the restaurant is very clean. The view is wonderful because its right by the water . Will go back again and again

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went here for my boyfriends birthday, and his girls. The food was great, and we could sit outside and look at the harbour. The service was friendly, and good value