“If heaven on Earth can be found, it's at this motel.”
Review of Heritage River Inn

Heritage River Inn
Heritage River Inn
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Campbell River
“If heaven on Earth can be found, it's at this motel.”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I stayed at the Heritage River Inn, Campbell River while vacationing with my ex boyfriend several years ago. The scenery was absolutely gorgeous! The rooms were comfortable and spacious. The barbecue was so delicious that I was sure it must have been prepared by Iron Chef Bobby Flay himself.

The staff was incredible, particularly Rebekah the manager. She was very caring and attentive, and made us feel so welcome and at home. At one point, my ex boyfriend and I were without a vehicle (long story) and Rebekah drove us around town on her day off!!

My ex and I caught several wild Salmon, which would have cost well over $100 at the market. Not bad for recreational catch! It really was a trip that paid for itself.

Before my ex boyfriend passed away, he said that he had only two regrets in life: letting go of me, and never returning to the Heritage River Inn, Campbell River. He said it was the most enjoyable weekend he'd ever had in his life.

• Stayed October 2010
2 Thank JennK1984

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 24, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for the weekend. Beautiful location by the river. The grounds are well maintained with gorgeous flowers. The air conditioning works well. We thought the breakfast was amazing. Comfortable beds. Friendly staff. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I stayed here for 5 nights while taking a course. I appreciated the kitchenette and nice large room. We used the breakfast room as a meeting room and also the ourdoor gazebo and gas barbeque. The grounds were well kept, with beautiful flowers and a large lawn area. The location was beside the river and a short drive to downtown and shopping.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank tothelimit
Milan, Italy
Reviewed April 1, 2011

We went there in october for salmon fishing. The hotel is perfect for the anglers. There is a dry room where you can put your waders at the end of the day, and find them dried in the morning. We were in the suite, air conditioning is great, the rooms were simple but if you are out all the day you don' t need a lot of things. The breakfast is quite poor. I would like that would be more keys for the dry room.

Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank alecaro9
Nanaimo
Reviewed December 21, 2009

We were only planning on staying for 2 days in Campbell River but received such friendly service and the location of the motel and the quality of the rooms were so pleasant that we stayed for a week. Don't believe the negative reviews as these are obviously from someone that had a bad day and is trying to put the blame on someone else.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Victoria
Reviewed October 12, 2009

I just spent 2 days at the Rustic Motel in Campbell River BC and have never been treated with such disrespect by a host in all of my life. We arrived late on Friday evening and the owner, Stephen [--], used rude and foul language to describe my family and our behavior--arriving late. My brother made an apology and Mr [--]'s response was "Don't patronize me". The next day Mr [--]'s attitude hadn't changed. He was rude, condescending, and had racist undertones to his speech in the morning. Before checkout on Sunday morning a large woman with dark hair and glasses pounded on our door and rudely demanded we put the "do not disturb" indicator on our door before walking away. Shortly after some elderly people went to ask Mr [--] why he was behaving so rudely and why they had not taken down their reservations when they called in. Mr [--] continually cut off the 3 elderly people became agressively argumentative leaving the two women in tears.
If you are going to Campbell River and need accomdations AVOID THE RUSTIC MOTEL!!! There are plenty of accomdations in Campbell River that will be HAPPY to treat you with respect.
After my experience this weekend I sincerely believe Stephen [--]does NOT belong in the hospitality business and I will be writing a letter to the Better Business Bureau outlining my treatment in his establishment.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
7 Thank KnifemakerC
Victoria, BC
Reviewed August 29, 2009

My advise would be to avoid this hotel. There are much better places to stay in Campbell River, that are way closer to town. This place is too far outside town to walk. They overcharged us for our room and accused us of having two pets when we only had one. They lied to us when we tried to resolve this issue and it took three phone calls to get it resolved.

The place is shabby, run down, the bathrooms and microwave weren't clean, lights didn't work and the shower was very difficult to use. The so called breakfast consisted of stale cereal and cookies with over ripe fruit. Breakfast wasn't restocked the entire time we were there. All I ask when I stay somewhere is that the rooms are clean, and the shower works properly. I got neither in this case. Stay somewhere else!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends