We stayed for two nights primarily to take a Grizzly Bear tour from Campbell River. We booked an Ocean front room and stayed in Room 124 one of the signature rooms, Alan Wylie(Redonda building).
The room had two queen beds, TV, fridge, coffee making and room fan no A/C so could be hot in summer. Bathroom was a very strange arrangement only containing bath with shower over it and a WC. The wash basin was outside the bathroom in the bedroom and separated from the sleeping area by a small wall. The room was clean but the carpet was very stained with what looked like oil! View from the balcony was fantastic and definitely worth paying the extra for the ocean view if you have time to sit out and enjoy it.
As the lodge is beyond walking distance to Campbell River we ate in the Fireside Lounge both evenings. We had been going out to eat for the past 2 weeks as we had been staying in B&B’s so it was a nice change not having to find a restaurant or bar for food. We ordered from the bar menu and found the food to be of a good standard at a reasonable price. The second evening we were rather rushed to pay the bill so that the waitress could leave rather than the tab being passed over to another waitress. Besides that the service we received was very good.
The Wi-Fi reception was terrible even in the main building.
We would defiantly stay at Painters Lodge again and if we did would allow more time to enjoy the facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the pristine shores of Vancouver Island, Painter's Lodge offers world-class salmon fishing, breathtaking wildlife and scenery and full amenities. When you're not fighting a mighty salmon on the line, soak in the outdoor pool, refine your serve on the tennis courts, or watch marine life play as you tour the coastline on a Wildlife Adventure Tour. Connected by water taxi, guests enjoy all the amenities including new Aveda Spa at April Point Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and Orbitz so you can book your Painter's Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Painter`s Hotel Campbell River
- Painters Hotel Campbell River
- Painters Resort Campbell River