We were delightfully surprised by the comforts of a 2 bedroom cabin at Painter's Lodge. Tucked into the forest on a well lit gravel path and yet only minutes from the pool and lobby and dock, this was a wonderful experience. We felt like we had gone to a very special little getaway that was all ours - even if only for 3 nights. The cabin had two bedrooms and bathrooms with a small but adequate kitchenette with a microwave (which was great) ! There were adequate dishes, utensils and cleaning supplies. One bedroom had two very comfortable Queen beds which my husband commented were "supreme" and the pillows were very nice and comfy too! It was nice to have windows that opened and while sitting on the window seat in the bedroom I had a good viewing spot of a deer nibbling on blackberries right in front of the cabin. How neat is that ! There was a bathroom near this bedroom with a generous shower. The other bedroom had a double bed and french doors to a private deck which had a nice table and chairs waiting. This bedroom had an en-suite bathroom which looked modern and new. Both bathrooms provided plush white towels and baskets of toiletries. The furnishings with a lovely wood kitchen table and desk and large sofa and other chairs was comfortable.
There were lots of windows and the curtains were very nice matching material throughout the cabin and kept the light out in the early morning (we are not fishermen) !
The housekeeping staff were friendly and also removed kitchen garbage daily. We felt very private in this cabin and this allowed our 6 yr old to make noise and jump around without disturbing others. We were close to the children's activity center which provides Wii and a DVD and books and games. The 2 minute walk to the pool was great. Despite some rain the pool temperature was warm enough to enjoy for an hour or more.
We enjoyed watching the fish being cleaned on the dock and took the free 10 minute boat ride to April Point. The grounds at Painter's Lodge are very pretty and there is a large well equipped BBQ area with tables and benches beside the pool. This was our third stay at Painter's and our first time in a cabin which will be our choice for our next visit. I highly recommend this experience for a young family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the pristine shores of Vancouver Island, Painter's Lodge offers world-class salmon fishing, breathtaking wildlife and scenery and full amenities. When you're not fighting a mighty salmon on the line, soak in the outdoor pool, refine your serve on the tennis courts, or watch marine life play as you tour the coastline on a Wildlife Adventure Tour. Connected by water taxi, guests enjoy all the amenities including new Aveda Spa at April Point Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Painter's Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Painter`s Hotel Campbell River
- Painters Hotel Campbell River
- Painters Resort Campbell River