My parents, husband and I took the morning wildlife tour offered through Painters Lodge. It was amazing and truly an experience of a lifetime. Not only did we see Harbor Seals, Stellar Sea Lions, Transient Orcas, bald eagles and much more, we had an incredible tour of the regions islands and natural wonder. I can really not say enough about this experience and would HIGHLY recommend this for anyone who loves the outdoors.
We had a windy morning with some rain (for parts of the tour) and it was still very comfortable. It's important to remember you are on a zodiac but it was a smooth ride for almost the full length of the tour. Our guide was fantastic and you could tell was honestly a naturalist at heart and loves his job. We were properly geared up (as it's provided with your tour cost) to make the ride even more enjoyable.
Tip: Dress warmly if going during autumn months. We had several layers and then with the gear they provided were quite warm and comfortable.
We also stayed and had lunch at the Lodge following the tour. Food was good (I had the fried fish--they gave you a choice of haddock or salmon and I tried the salmon, it was wonderful!) and service was good. All the employees were helpful and friendly.
There was a small garden near the back of the property with dozens and dozens of blooming dahlias which were beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the pristine shores of Vancouver Island, Painter's Lodge offers world-class salmon fishing, breathtaking wildlife and scenery and full amenities. When you're not fighting a mighty salmon on the line, soak in the outdoor pool, refine your serve on the tennis courts, or watch marine life play as you tour the coastline on a Wildlife Adventure Tour. Connected by water taxi, guests enjoy all the amenities including new Aveda Spa at April Point Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Painter's Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Painter`s Hotel Campbell River
- Painters Hotel Campbell River
- Painters Resort Campbell River