“Good value, great view!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Passage View Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Campbell River
Passage View Motel
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Campbell River
Oregon
“Good value, great view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Passage View for 3 nights while visiting friends in the area. It is in a perfect location for access to downtown Campbell River and the Fishermen's Wharf. It also has a gorgeous view out over the Inside Passage toward Quadra Island, which we enjoyed from the tiny balcony. The room, although dated, was certainly adequate and clean, and the price was right. The hosts were delightful and could not have been more helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

I recently had a 4-night stay at the Passage View and was very pleased. The motel is close to downtown Campbell River, so it was a perfect launching point for the perambulatory adventures I had planned for my trip (the Campbell River Estuary Trails, Quadra Island, the Beaver Lodge Forest Lands, Haig-Brown House). Mainly I just wanted a nice spot to park my butt so I could drink beer and read and look out at some beautiful West Coast scenery. All the rooms at the Passage View overlook Discovery Passage (hence the name!) and Quadra Island, and they have decks, which really made this patio-less city dweller happy! The rooms are spartan, but clean, and the owners are very friendly. I'll definitely be coming back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
vancouver
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

The managers are exceedingly rude. I phone them once for help, he hung up on me and said he didn't care about my question. When I stayed there, he chewed me out for leaving a day early. Never stayed there again

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Alert Bay, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

If you are looking for a clean, economical place to hang your hat for the night, this is it! The views are wonderful, the place was clean, the couch and bed are comfortable. There was an extra pillow in the room which I liked. The rooms was sound proof. I did not hear vehicals leaving in the morning. The rooms are the older brick wall built, and the carpets are thin. It is not your luxury hotel with a pool, breakfast and room service. However, it's a reasonableaprice and, comfortable.

Room Tip: Bottom floors have green space to sit and look over the water, or let your dog out.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Aberdeen, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

We were looking for accomodations with a view and pet friendly. Passage View appeared to fill the bill, but it couldn't. It is an older, cinderblock wall motel overlooking the inside passage on the east side of Vancouver Island. We checked in and then checked out. Upon entering the room and turning on the hot water, it didn't even get warm. We reported it and they offered to move us to another room. The other room was under the shade of a big tree and dark and dank. Nope, not worth staying.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jimsue
West Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

We stayed here enroute and returning from Quadra Island on our kayak trip. Room included a 2-burner mini-stove, mini-refrig, dishes and small sink. VERY CLEAN and nice accommodations, and very engaging owner Gary. This is not 5-star big city type place, but an excellent motel. We were very pleased and a very good price. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a place to stay in Campbell River. View of Discovery Passage from our balcony (plus seating!) was excellent. We were very happy here and will return on our next trip.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Frank S
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed here a little over 3 weeks in a light house keeping room where I could make my own meals. Excellent view of the ocean from all room. Walking distance to the pier and downtown. Kitchen contained adequate pots, utensils and dishes for cooking. My room was cleaned daily and internet service was strong. A BBQ, picnic table and patio were also available.

I stayed on the 3rd floor where the view was terrific but it would not be suitable for those with mobility issues as there are no elevators.

I plan to stay there on my next fishing trip. While it is not the cheapest, it is less expensive than many and gives the best value in terms of lodging and closeness to town and fishing pier.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo