“great value and close to the ferry”

The Harbourside Inn
The Harbourside Inn
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Campbell River
vancouver
“great value and close to the ferry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2009

it was close to the quadra island ferry and good value for the money
it was clean and quiet and the staff was helpful

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Vancouver
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2008

This is quite possibly the worst hotel I have ever set foot in. Would you believe they have this hotel rated the same as the Best Western Chalet in Campbell River.

The dirtiest, seediest hotel on the planet. Floors were stained, elevator was disgusting, rooms had single pane windows with no A/C but a standing oscillating fan instead.

Stay elsewhere in Campbell River.

• Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank huskygriffin

Travelers are raving about these Campbell River hotels

vancouver
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2007

I spent two nights here over a weekend in different rooms, and when I woke up Sunday morning I was feeling itchy but also tired from the noise. I didn’t think anything of it until Tuesday, when I counted 24 bites on the front of my body, in little lines progressing up my arms, legs, and chest. Obviously disturbed I phoned the hotel to tell them that they likely have a bed bug infestation and that they should look at the two rooms I stayed in (and of course compensate me to some degree), but the manager was out at the moment. My message was not returned, and upon calling a second time two days later the clerk told me that I was a “sounded crazy” and was “a liar” and hung up on me!!! I would recommend sleeping in Foreshore Park in your sleeping bag before dealing with this disrespectful, arrogant, and downright rude “hotel” . Or bring your own bedding if you must.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — gettiing eaten by bedbugs and called a liar when I complained
  • Stayed November 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10 Thank darius_jackson_1
Berkshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2005

What a dive! The hotel looks shabby from outside and the appearance is not much better witin. Could see nothing but a parking lot from our room. Was clean (ish) but bathroom was very dated and bed was well-worn. Even for the cheap price we paid, I would never go here again. But then again, I found nothing in Campbell River itself that would draw me back again. If you are driving up Vancouver island and want somewhere to stay half way, try one of the lodges in the Stratcona national park - they looked lovely. I wish we had!

• Stayed September 2003
3 Thank Liz&Nick
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2005

The hotel is located next to a liquor store. The safety issue would be a concern. The room and the hotel was old and stains were always visible anywhere in the room. Sheets were not changed for a two nights stay. Closed to the shopping mall. I've seen better for sure.

• Stayed September 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bay Area, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2005

The name is misleading, it's withing reasonable walking distance of the harbor but it's hardly harborside. We had three rooms on the 3rd floor, all showed signs of smoker damage, burn holes in seats and bed spreads. The wireless internet access was non-existant thought my machine could detect the network. The decor was worn. The windows in all rooms fitted poorly and were single glazed, in my mothers room they were sealed with tape, presumeably to prevent draughts. The beds were cheap and fairly uncomfortable. The noise insulation was poor and the view from the windows was worth keeping the curtains closed for. The hotel parking lot is grotty, I was somewhat surprised the car survived intact. We were pleased to drive away in the morning but since I booked the rooms I will be appologising to my family for some time. Curiously we all found the soap almost impossible to open, I resorted to a knife I was lucky to have with me and loaned it to other family members.

On the up side the staff were friendly and the linens and towels were the cleanest and most pleasant I have had in any class of hotel. As good as the best.

But in the end this is a dark and dingy hotel, if money isn't your primary concern you should blow the extra $30 to go somewhere with a real view and modern rooms.

• Stayed June 2005
5 Thank cageordie
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2003

I tried to book a weekend with you, even wrote a letter with the request = no reply. Eventually via the web page I learned you had no rooms available.

You might have let me know. Fortunately at a late date, I got in down the street at Coast Discovery.

So you are now definitly off my list!

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member