My daughter and I had a great experience at this hotel. We loved our room, which seemed to have the biggest balcony of all the units (lucky us). 2 queen beds with white bedding in a very clean room. From our room we could see cruise ships cruising home from Alaska. We happened to be there during a heatwave, but since our room was facing north, it remained nice and cool and a fan was in the room to keep the air moving. Don't expect air conditioning, because none is needed. We were prepared for any noise above us since the hotel's construction is wood. However, since it is a family friendly hotel, little kids food steps were soon quiet and we enjoyed a peaceful stay.
Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. You felt you were part of a family. Continental breakfast was satisfactory. The Austrian look and feel with all the flower baskets makes the hotel quite attractive.
We spent the Saturday on Quadra Island, where we also met the most friendly people.
We had car trouble and found Campbell River folks most helpful in getting is mobile again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visitors to Campbell River Hotels are bound to be overjoyed for selecting the BEST WESTERN PLUS Austrian Chalet as the site of their next vacation or business trip. They will experience the outstanding quality standards recently confirmed by the hotel's achievement of the Best Western Director's Award which recognizes them as scoring in the top 20 percent of all 2400 North American properties. Guests will find the commitment of the BEST WESTERN PLUS Austrian Chalet to meet their needs unmatched by other Campbell River Hotels or elsewhere. Guests can sit back in their rooms, our garden area, or huddle near the fireplace in the lobby to relax. They are sure to enjoy a spectacular ocean view of Discovery Passage, Georgia Strait and the Pacific Ocean. Meanwhile, their hosts will be glad to fill them in on the many leisure time possibilities in or near Campbell River, BC. The seemingly endless list of recreational activities, includes golfing, salmon fishing, grizzly bear watching, kayaking, whale watching, skiing, mountain/rock climbing and horseback riding. Visitors can also enjoy our fitness facilities, pool, and hot tub or catch up on their favourite movies on our satellite televisions. Whatever accommodation they selected from the wide variety of loft rooms, suites, or kitchenettes, they will rest comfortably knowing that their friendly and knowledgeable staff is eager and ready to serve them to make their stay in their Campbell River Hotel a memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Best Western, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your BEST WESTERN Austrian Chalet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Austrian Chalet Hotel Campbell River
- Best Western Campbell River
- Campbell River Best Western