“Nice place for lunch”

Royal Coachman Neighborhood Pub
Ranked #36 of 146 Restaurants in Campbell River
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Pub style, listed on other food travel sites. Appears to have been there a while. Maybe a name change?
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Had a nice lunch with a friend. Menu is extensive and varied. Attentive service. Great ambience. Food was delicious, well presented and tasty.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stopped here in the middle of the afternoon for a beer and a snack. Only a few there - we sat at the bar and chatted with the manager/bar tender. Great choice of beers and snacks. The best, however, was the service. We chatted about our upcoming adventure on the Aurora Explorer (check into this if you aren't aware of this marvelous boat trip into the wilds of the inland passage), got some tips about getting the ferry on the way back to Vancouver and exact directions to our harbor. Then, we left our cell phone there and did not discover until after our 5 day cruise while waiting in line to catch the ferry (way south of the pub). They had already contacted our home number and responded to a call on the phone. We gave an address to send the phone and they would NOT take any payment for postage or their effort. I hope we treat Canadians as well when they visit us! Also, the patio is great.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Good thing we had an Island Deals coupon. If I had had to pay full price for that, I would have been really miffed. First of all though, the service was excellent. Very friendly and efficient servers. But the food. Oh dear. My husband had the steak dinner special. Very thin steak served with vegetables which I know had been frozen, mashed potatoes with canned gravy which was about 95% salt.

I had fish and chips. I had been looking forward to it especially as we were in the "Fishing Capital of British Columbia". Imagine my surprise when I was given fish that had been frozen. Not just the fish but the fish IN BATTER. The batter was paper thin and rubbery. Come on. And served with fries that had been frozen. Together with tartar sauce out of a jar and coleslaw out of one of those plastic pails. Nothing was fresh. Nothing. Waste of my time and money.

3  Thank nelliebj
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was recomended by the hotel. Good local pub, open later than most restaurants in Campbell River.
Back patio was very nice. French dip, nachos were just what we were loong for.
Service was friendly. Looks like a place the locals support.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Went for a work function years ago and the food was good and service was good BUT ... last year went for another and the service was not good and in our group sevreral people complained about the food, I ordered the oysters which I had in the past and they were not near as good as they used to be. Went to another work funciton there, the service was soooo bad they gave us a gift certificate to make up for it, sad to say whe we used the gift certificate for our group again, the quality and quantity of food was sub standard for the price we paid.
Very disappointed on several of the last visits so won't be going back again, nor will the 2 work groups that I attended with !

1  Thank PandGP