“Amazing food and beverage choices”

Lions Head Smoke & Brew Pub
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Castlegar
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse, Healthy, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Castlegar, Canada
“Amazing food and beverage choices”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We've made lions head pub one of our weekly traditions. Their food is always great, the staff is incredible... Very attentive and friendly. They also have some of the best beer on tap! If you're one that likes commercial brewed beer, don't go there... They have 12 beers on tap, all craft brewed, ranging from light IPA to dark and delicious porters. I recommend lions head smoke and brew house enthusiastically!

“Awesome menu”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I visit there often for a couple great reasons. The staff there are great . Very good service always with a smile. The setting there makes you want to go back there . I try to go weekly just to hang out play pool and of course my favourite beverage is the dark pint of Beer called Back Hand!!!!
Anyone wanting a good place to eat and chill ? Come on by and say hi the the best friendly staff

• Visited March 2014
Castlegar, Canada
“Best Beer Selection in the Kootenays”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

You need to be open to something new when you choose your beer. When I go to the Lions Head I just say I what kind of beer I would like then the server or bar tender will list like 3 or 4 options in the category.

Kaslo, British Columbia, Canada
“Exactly What I was Looking For!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Rolling through Castlegar and looking for good beer and quality Pub fare. Found it. Lion's Head has a diverse menu with an obvious attention to quality. My lovely server, Bree, forced me :) to try both IPAs and eat the special Pulled Pork Tacos, which I understand is done from scratch in-house.

Perfect as far as I'm concerned, laid back atmosphere, great Pub feel, and I highly doubt there's a better selection of unique Craft brews in the area. Plus, the free WIFI made it a lot easier to pretend it was a work lunch!

• Visited March 2014
Nelson, Canada
“Hire some staff please.”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

On Saturday my friends and I went to the lions head pub after a great day of fishing the Columbia River in Robson. The pub has many great visual attractions, very clean and rustic. Our table was like a seesaw the way it rocked back and fourth. We ordered a round of the $5 craft beers and waited like what seemed forever to have our order taken. Myself, I ordered the rib appy and cornbread, one buddy ordered Chicken fingers and another ordered poutine. The waitress, who was working by herself was doing her best to help the tables. She came back to our table about 10 mins after she took our order to let us know there was NO CHICKEN FINGERS. Seriously? What pub has no chicken fingers on a Saturday afternoon? My friend decided A&W drive through was in his future. He decided not to eat. Soon after our food arrived, The ribs were very nice but the waitress forgot my cornbread. My friends poutine was so outrageously huge it could have fed half of Quebec. So after my Ribs, I sat and waited for the bread, but nothing. So I had to interrupt the servers conversation with someone at the bar to ask where the bread was she forgot.

This establishment is just a few kinks away from being good. Right now things are Average in the food category and poor on the service front. The Value also seems kind of on the lower end too.