“Let Down for Valentines Dinner”

Lions Head Smoke & Brew Pub
Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Castlegar
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian, Barbecue, Healthy, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Castlegar, Canada
“Let Down for Valentines Dinner”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

There were a few of us couples that had gone to the Lion's Head for their Valentine's Dinner. My husband and I were disappointed. It cost us $120 and what we enjoyed the most was the bottle of Cab-Sav wine, (the waitress finally got us our wine of choice on try number 3)
My steak was over done and my mashed spuds were cold. I wasn't the only one out of our group that this happened to. I asked the waitress for horseradish sauce, she said they had it and that she would bring it over, we never did get it. One of the couples with us did not go for the Valentine's day special, they opted to order from the regular menu. My husband and I regret not doing the same.
I definitely would not go back for any special occasion. It's a pub, therefore stick to the pub menu.

• Visited February 2014
tronbowski, Owner at Lions Head Smoke & Brew Pub, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our valentine's dinner. I am disappointed that your particular dinner was not perfect for you. We appreciate your feedback. I have discussed all your concerns with the staff and addressed all of your concerns, we will strive to improve. I also wish that you would have brought these concerns to me that night, as I was there on valentine's day. I could have addressed and righted the wrongs on the spot. Next time you are in, please feel free to ask for the owner and I can discuss anything you want further. Or call the pub and 2503652739 and make an appointment with me. I hope that we can meet your expectations then. and your will review our pub will improve, thank you for the feedback, Troy

British Columbia, Canada
“Not located in Mount Robson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

I have lived in Mount Robson, thriving metropolis of 25 people, for 20 years. So it came as quite a surprise when I discovered this pub was listed as an area restaurant. I wish! It really does sound lovely and a fun place to hang out with friends and a cold beer. Alas! ... It is simply not so... Unfortunately this pub is listed in the wrong region. So I'm giving it 5 stars, because it does seem like a nice place, but unfortunately not actually here. Good luck in keeping your dream going, and if i'm ever in your area, I'll be sure to stop in for a cold one!

• Visited February 2014
Castlegar
“Really nice selection of microbrews”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

The food here is average, the service okay but the big draw is the excellent selection of quality microbrews - something like ten or so. This is impressive for a smallish community like Castlegar. The setting, too, is nice but the Lion's Head has some catching up to do, as the previous owners had let things slide.

Visited August 2013
tronbowski, Owner at Lions Head Smoke & Brew Pub, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Hello thanks for the favorable review! We realize that we are playing catch up. but after a successful summer, I would love to report that the old bar carpet is GONE! We have recently installed real fir wood flooring throughout and it really smartens the place up. stay tuned as more fixings will be coming, it has been a big task! Thanks so much, see you next time Cheers from us at the Lions Head

ps. 12 taps of delicious microbrew! Prost!
Calgary
“No Disapointments”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We often go to The Lions Head Pub. Couples, Groups etc. It's a pub. They do what you would expect and the food and service is always fine. We will keep coming back.

• Visited August 2013
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Smoked meat and microbrews: that's all you need to know.

It's a little bit off the beaten path but well worth it.

The food was fantastic. I paired the smoked brisket dip with an IPA. Wow!

Visited September 2013