“Best quality in Castlegar”
Review of Michaels - CLOSED

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Richmond
“Best quality in Castlegar”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Ownership has changed several times since it was owned by a highly regarded chef but the food quality still remains superior to any other restaurant I have tried in the city. Reasonable choices and good wine selection makes it a bit of a diamond in the rough. Service was very good and I recommend it any time you are visiting the area.

Visited October 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for meat lovers but there are vegetarian options too with nice desserts to top it off”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

They stayed open late for us on a weeknight which was beyond the call of duty. The meat was fantastic but the menu is large enough to safisty anyone including vegetarian options. Dessert and esspresso were a lovely way to finish our meals. The chocolate mousse is highly recommended.

1 Thank paradiss
Seattle, Washington
“If this is Cafe Michael, it's a stained glass wonder!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Wonderful stained glass, everywhere, all types. Service was good, menu is varied, prices are OK. We shared a small pizza and, while we cannot verify this, we both had a bit of stomach upset the next day (it could have been the breakfast from the Windborne). The salad was good, and regardless of the iffy tummy the pizza was quite tasty. It's really a 3 1/2

Visited August 2012
Victoria Bc
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Astounding stained glass collection creates unique atmosphere for a jewell of a restaurant in a town without expectations. Great value, tasty, varied menu and terrific service. Best pizza ever! Great ceasar salad

Vancouver, Canada
“Nice lunch menu”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I took my mother to Michael's lunch and was quite pleased with their menu, service, and the meal. A year and half ago I went here for lunch and didn't think it would be a place that I would return to but a did change my mind and gave it another chance. The special was beef dip and that was the dish I had before and could not eat so this time ordered something else. My mother ordered a shrimp crepe with ceasar salad and I ordered crap crepe with ceasar salad. They wasn't much for crap in my crepe, mainly mushrooms but my mother's crepe had lots of shrimp. Ceasar salad was OK. Service was good and the waitress was very pleasant. I would go here again but would be selective. These new owners, their cooks, and their menu just cannot fit into the shoes of Gabe.

• Visited May 2012