“Flamingo gets Customer Service”
Review of Flamingo Motel

Flamingo Motel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Castlegar
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have been staying at the Flamingo for a number of years now since it is really convenient to have my own reasonably priced home away from home while visiting my parents in Castlegar. I have consistently had clean and comfortable rooms, and always get a personal hello from Debra & Frank. I have enjoyed the availability of the kitchenettes and even the barbecue and yard when family got together. Coming to Castlegar just isn't complete if I don't stay at Flamingo....

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Christina N
flamingocastlegar, Owner at Flamingo Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Hi Christina. Nice to hear from you. It has been some years that you have been staying with us hasn't it? Thanks for taking the time to post a nice review. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I very much enjoyed my stay at the Flamingo. When I arrived Frank gave me a personal tour of the facilities, and insisted that I make myself feel at home. I had a very restful sleep, and the homemade muffins were delightful. Although the room I stayed in was small, it was comfortable and well appointed (there was even an Ethernet jack!). I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Lihtan

Hi Lihtan, We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and felt at home. The suite that you stayed in is one of our "Economy Suites" Just right for an overnight stay for a Traveling Salesman Etc. We also have larger, Separate Bedroom Full Kitchen Suites. Thanks for the Super feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to do so more than you know. Please come and stay with us again soon...
Best regards,

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We spent at night at the Flamingo Motel in Castlegar as we were in town for a fundraiser. Frank and Debra are really nice folks, very friendly, and the room was comfortable and super-clean. The handmade quilts on the beds are a lovely touch, and the beds were comfortable. The kitchenette was well-equipped and had everything we needed - including ice cubes in the freezer! Good rates for the rooms, and the motel is close to lots of amenities. And don't forget to pop into the on-site quilt shop!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Hi Stephanie, Thats for the great review! We appreciate it and enjoyed your folks stay with us. Please come back any time for a visit!
Regards,

Reviewed September 6, 2013

My sister and I had the privilege of staying at the Flamingo Motel on a recent trip to Castlegar. We had a marvelous time there! Frank and Debra were super friendly and gave us a great rate on our room. It really was an awesome place to stay with very comfortable pillows and beds (which is important)! Regrettably we didn't get to try the acclaimed muffins as Frank had a tooth pulled that morning... but I guess that just means we'll have to stop by again to try them! :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Melodie S
flamingocastlegar, Owner at Flamingo Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Hi Melodie! Thanks for the great review! You girls were awesome. Once again, such nice folks staying with us. You gals and that big truck :-) Hope you come back again and stay longer so that we can visit more.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We spent one night at The Flamingo on our way to Cranbrook. I found them here on TripAdvisor and emailed them right away about availability after seeing all of the great feedback here.

We had trouble getting in touch with them because we were on the road and had no phone service, but we lucked out and they still had a room when we got there. Our 30 lb dog was welcome as long as he didn't go on the beds or we didn't leave him alone in the room - more than fair in my opinion! We hung out in their little grassy park area for a bit and let the kids burn off some energy. The gazebo is so cute and we definitely would have used the BBQ if we were staying longer than one night.

Rooms were SPOTLESS, towels and linens were crisp and clean, and the fridge, coffee maker and microwave were major necessities for us. We had stayed at a Best Western the night before in Revelstoke (and paid more than double the price) where they had a single cup coffee maker, and only gave you enough coffee for ONE cup - absurd. The Flamingo provided enough coffee for two mini pots and lots of cream and sugar.

It was nice to have two separate little rooms, so we could put the kids to bed and still stay up and watch a movie. Frank brought over some freshly baked muffins in the evening, which the kids devoured. I didn't get to taste them but apparently they were awesome!

Overall this place is wonderful. Small, quaint, and service oriented. You can tell that Frank and Debra love what they do and take pride in the Flamingo!! The rooms aren't overly fancy or modern, but they are super clean and well kept. And you will NEVER get service like this from a big chain or franchise.

We will absolutely stay here next time we are in Castlegar!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Cara B

Hi Cara, Thank you very much for taking the time to review us! You and your family were a pleasure to have stay with us. We trust that the rest of your trip was as relaxing. We hope that you folks will pass this way again. Best of luck in you business, you will do well.
Regards,

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I had the chance to roll into town on a motorcycle trip and found the Flamingo Motel. The reviews on Trip Advisor said it was the place to stay, and they were bang on! I was riding solo and Frank made me feel right at home. For anyone riding through the Kootenays, it's a great place to stop after cruising the amazing highways. Not only do you get the treatment of having fresh muffins delivered, but the hose, bucket and rags are at your disposal to give your bike a good scrub down. If you're in the area and need a place to stay, make sure you skip past the chain hotels and stop in here!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Troy H
flamingocastlegar, Owner at Flamingo Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Hey Troy, Thanks for taking that time to post the great feedback. I enjoyed meeting you, we look forward to you next visit. Come back soon ..
Ride Safe.
Frank and Debra,
Flamingo Motel,
Castlegar, BC

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Found this old school motor court on TA. Fell in love with it from the reviews. TA reviews spot on! Pulled in on a dreary afternoon and Debra made us feel welcome straightway. We were put up in a homey suite, which meant I could hit the living room w/o waking up my wife. Debra's quilt shop was catnip for my "crafty" spouse--she ended up buying a purple quilted bag. When we arrived at my wife's home in Montana, she developed buyers remorse for not buying a bag she saw in a Castlegar drug store. No problem--she said crafting women understood these things and called Debra. Guess she was right because Debra went and picked it up and shipped it to her. Frank made muffins. Debra went the extra couple of hundred miles. We love these Outrageous Flamingos! Thanks Frank and Debra for making our time in Castlegar so memorable.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank ChinaLake1

Thanks ChinaLake1. We are very pleased that we were able to make your visit to Canada "so memorable"! That makes us feel great that our efforts are "hitting home". And thank you so much for taking the time to post the nice feedback - it is important to us.
We look forward to the next time that we are able to welcome you to our Motel.
Warmest Regards,
Frank and Debra,
Flamingo Motel,
Castlegar, BC
Canada

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castlegar
Fireside Inn & Conference Centre
Glenwood Inn & Suites
North Shore Inn
North Shore Inn
#10 of 10 in Nelson

Been to Flamingo Motel? Share your experiences!