“Breakfast: One and a Half Hours??? ~ Save yourself ~”
Review of Ricky's Restaurant

Ricky's Restaurant
Ranked #99 of 142 Restaurants in Courtenay
Courtenay, Canada
“Breakfast: One and a Half Hours??? ~ Save yourself ~”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Yes. It took 1.5 hours for my breakfast (I ordered at 10AM) to hit my table. Now why would it take this long? Perhaps they took a trip to the dump to get the food. It was terrible. Why did I stay you ask? I actually had a good book and needed a break. I did receive a break a quiet one. Absolutely no worries about a waiter asking me if I needed more of water or coffee, no interruptions with an apology for the food taking long to arrive, no manager coming to me and offering me a free meal, no nothing. I was able to read, read and read. When the cold eggs, stale bread and greasy potatoes arrived, it was a pleasure to push them away since it was now time for lunch. ~~Six years ago it was a good place to eat, somethings happened. Shame~~

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank SkiHikeKayakPlay

Victoria, Canada
“Would never go back”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Food was cold and the bacon tasted like leather ... we would never go back to Rickies in Courtenay yet the one in Campbell River is very good

Vancouver Island BC Canada eh.
“Excellent hangover breakfast”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Hubby and I go to Rickys regularly.
If you want the best service you start out by asking to be seated in either server Lisa or Jen's section. Both are fabulous. They will give you the best service of any of the employees there.
My husband orders the breakfast club which is a sandwich with egg, ham, cheese etc. I prefer to order the Quick Commute which is one egg cooked how you like, two pieces of toast with the options of sourdough, white, wheat or multigrain, as well as two pieces of bacon OR two sausages and hashbrowns (either cubed or shredded). I recommend getting the stuffed shredded hashbrowns-- so delicious!
They have a large menu of other breakfast items and an excellent kids menu.
I would suggest not ordering a glass of orange juice as its very pricey!
Overall, I would eat here again...

• Visited January 2012