“Great salad”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Atlas Cafe

Atlas Cafe
Ranked #2 of 140 Restaurants in Courtenay
Cuisines: Canadian, Soups, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ajax, Canada
“Great salad”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

My daughter and I went here for lunch after walking in Seal Bay Park. We arrived around 2 o'clock. I had a chicken caesar salad and my daughter had egglant and sweet potato quesadillas. Both were very generous sizes, fresh and flavourful. In fact, the quesadillas were so plentiful, we brought two of them home. I had a glass of white wine from Beaufort Winery. We split a piece of the chocolate cheesecake for dessert. Decadent and rich, and delicious down to the last crumb. Definitely worth going for a meal here again.

Visited July 2014

Courtenay, Canada
“Simply the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

The Atlas has a wonderfully varied menu and first class service. The staff are friendly and caring, and the food is superb, beautifully presented and a treat every time. Fresh, local, organic, vegan they have it all and every dish is something a little different from your run of the mill fare. We've never been disappointed there. And deserts to lose yourself in.

• Visited June 2014
“Good food tucked away in Courtney”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

The wife and I had dinner here recently. Atlas has a small front on 5th street but is fairly spacious inside. They had a good drink selection with local beers on tap. Food was well done. My wife had the vegan platter. I was a little surprised when the waitress asked if she wanted chicken or shrimp on it. A lot of vegans would be very offended but luckily my wife just laughed. I had the Atlas burger without bacon. The burger came with brie cheese and brandy poached pears on it. I wasn't sure about fruit on a burger but the mix of flavours worked. Another little perk was the fresh peas in my green salad. I love fresh, raw peas and they were a welcome addition to the salad. All in all, it was a nice meal which made for an great date night without being overly costly.

Vancouver, Canada
“Absoloutly delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

If you are passing through Courtenay make an effort to stop here for lunch or dinner, you will not be disappointed! Everything on the menu is so fresh and they try to use local and organic whenever possible. They even have many vegan friendly dishes, which was what impressed me the most! The ambience is also fabulous!
Highly recommended and can't wait to return!!

• Visited July 2014
Hythe, United Kingdom
“Eggs Benny to die for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

All I can say is get the Atlas Benny. Smoked salmon, homemade hollaindaise, capers and loads of fresh fruit. Yum on a plate

Visited May 2014