“Delicious”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Vancouver, Canada
“Delicious”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We read the reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to try. Dinner was delicious and we went back the next day for lunch. Good portion sizes, nice flavours, good price. Our server (same on both days) was pleasant and food came quickly even though the restaurant was full. The only thing the place needs is a reno! It is dated and the walls are a depressing colour!

• Visited October 2013

• Polish first
Nanaimo, Canada
“Very satisfying”
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Our second visit to this restaurant was almost as pleasant as our first which was really excellent. Our server was very pleasant and competent while being very busy. The table beside us had a couple of issues with a couple of items and she handled it extremely well. Things never go 100% at any restaurant and it is gratifying when service staff can handle themselves professionally and courteously. This is not the norm.

I had a broadest beef enchilada that was as big as my head. Quite delicious and I will enjoy my leftovers for lunch tomorrow. My wife had the fish tacos and was not quite as delighted with hers. It was ok she said and would have benefitted from grilling or flat topping the tortilla, some more aioli and a bit of lime and cilantro would not have gone amiss either.

Having said that we left very satisfied once again and will be returning next time in town.

Courtenay, Canada
“Great place to eat!”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Always great! Consistent, too! I have the chicken focaccia most times and it is always as good as the last one. The atmosphere is great and I love the friendly service.
Having local fare is also choice.

• Visited November 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Disappointing”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The fact that the Atlas is one of the busiest restaurants in the Comox Valley just goes to show the desperate need for something better.

Though not terrible, the food is often somewhat bland and lacking innovation. On the upside, there are some local ingredients used sometimes. They offer fresh juices (though not organic) which is nice. The decor is OK - kind of boring. If you are used to eating out and don't cook much, you will probably think this place is great. If you are a real foodie that loves to experiment in the kitchen you are better off spending your money on some good quality ingredients and cooking at home!

I was going to give it a 3 star but my husband insists it's a 2 due to the high price point and the fact he has never left there happy. I would recommend the Avenue (same owners) as a better alternative though only in the evenings.

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank whenmarimbarhythms
Vancouver
“What's all the fuss about? ”
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten here three times and have never been impressed! Only kept going because there is always a lineup so thought I might have caught them on an off day. Well you can't catch it on an OFF day three times! Service is great but food is absolutely terrible!

4 Thank danifinny