“Almost perfect”

Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Comox, Canada
“Almost perfect”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The food at the Atlas is AMAZING. The service could be better but isn't bad or anything. Also, it can get a bit cramped and warm in there. The tables at the front are a bit weird because you are right there with the people standing waiting to be seated- hope you don't get seated there. But overall, as the title suggests, the restaurant is of very high quality and if you are visiting town I suggest you check them out!

• Polish first
Vancouver
“Great food, not great service”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The food is reasonably priced and quite tasty. Beef short rib burritos are awesome. But it was clear our waiter forgot to put in our order as we waited a long time for our food and drink (other tables seated after us were almost done eating by the time we got our food), and we didn't get any apology or acknowledgement of it. That was disappointing. Still, worth a stop when in Courtenay.

1 Thank Lydia13
Hamilton
“Fish Tacos from out of this world”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Day fish & wild salmon, crispy tacos with ancho pepper aioli & fruit salsa, served with caesar salad. That's the wording copied off their menu. Excellent, Outstanding and worthy of praise! The fruit salsa was a bonus. It may sound weird but you gotta try them.
My wife had the chicken focaccia with artichokes, red onions, mozzarella cheese.
Both were very good meals.
This is the place to eat on 6th Avenue!

Kootenays, BC, Canada
“Great food, terrific waiter!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

While shopping in Courtenay, my friend & I decided to have lunch at the Atlas Café. This was very definitely a good choice! I ordered a salmon burger, and was pleased to find that my salad choices were not limited to the standard 2 (Caesar or green). They had Greek, tomato & onion, and spinach. I opted for the tomato & onion.

I was thrilled when my salmon burger arrived - a lovely salmon filet on a fresh bun, as opposed to a pre-fab compressed salmon patty. The latter is generally ok (boring, but edible), but Atlas's version is a delight! The salad was a terrific combination of brie, tomato, sweet onion, and balsamic vinegar dressing - fresh, crisp, VERY tasty.

As it was a beautiful sunny day, we chose to sit on the patio - a great choice, if you have the option! Our waiter was friendly, attentive, and very competent.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this restaurant, and in fact, I've already done that more than once since our visit! We plan on returning - again & again!

1 Thank KellyBS123
Courtenay, British Columbia, Canada
“"NICE!!!"”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Visited her last week with 2 friends. It took some time for the waitress to take our order. After that everything was perfect. I had the samosas and fish tacos. Both were excellent. All 3 of us raved about the salad. They have a lovely citrus dressing. My dinner companions also both had Mexican meals and thoroughly enjoyed them. I truly love this restaurant. It's such a comfortable space. Excellence without being stuffy.

• Visited May 2013