“In Crown Isle on the Golf Course”

Timber Room Bar & Grill
Ranked #69 of 145 Restaurants in Courtenay
Cuisines: Steakhouse, International, Canadian, Gastropub
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Timber Room Bar and Grill is a family friendly casual destination that is open 7 days a week and boasts the “best patio in the Comox Valley” which overlooks the majestic Comox Glacier and Coastal Mountains. Our menu is meant to engage one’s appetite with a fresh, clean and crafted approach. Nightly drink specials and weekly fresh sheet available. Kitchen open until 10pm every day of the week.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Nice place a little pricier food is average, long waits never enough seating room but you can sit outside on the grounds of the golf course if there is room.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Many are the reviews that I have written...even a very good one for this restaurant in the past. After last night I must rewrite my review and downgrade this restaurant. The food is good, the atmosphere enjoyable but the service is absolutely unacceptable. My husband did his own review but I have to withdraw my opinion from a few years ago. I recommended this place to my very good friends, we met in Courtenay with the plan for a very nice dinner. It took well over one hour for me to receive my meal, after everyone else had their salads, etc. In my experience service can make or break the possibility for repeat customers. Please if you come to this restaurant be aware of my experience and bring along a lot of patience. The kitchen is to blame, says the staff but having the customer ask for utensils, clear off excessive used plates yourself and asking for the manager and waiting quite a while is not good service. Despite the 25% cut on the bill the embarrassment that I endured has no price. It will be a very long time before I will consider this restaurant which caused a poor reflection on Crown Isle as a whole.

1  Thank lynnwilltravel
Reviewed August 4, 2014

So this wasn't our first visit here but we recommended it to our friends and it was their first visit. We arrived early to secure a patio table for our party of eight. We said our friends would be joining us in about half an our but we would like to order appies and drinks to get started before they arrived. We ordered 2 simple starters (dry ribs & and a half baguette with butter and olive spread) and 2 drinks. It took about 15 minutes for the drinks to arrive and another 15 minutes for the appies to arrive. During this time our server didn't even bother to ask if we would like water or bring us utensils for the meals she knew our party would order. Meanwhile our friends arrived and the whole service went from bad to useless. Our friends had some questions about the menu but the server was nowhere to be seen; after she finally bothered to come over we ordered our meals. Some of our party have food intolerances and we wanted to be sure that bell peppers were deleted from our meals ( this was later used as an excuse for our meals taking an hour to arrive. Most of the plates were salads.) Finally our meals arrived...well most of them; my wife's meal was nowhere to be seen. She wanted the Cordon Bleu but our server thought they may be out of that so my wife chose an alternate just in case; this was at the same time as the original order. Of course our server didn't bother to come and tell her which meal she would get. It was a grilled salmon fillet and judging by the time it took to arrive someone forgot to cook the fish with the rest of the orders.

Our server dropped the ball in a spectacular way by failing to get on top of our orders and even though she apologized to us. I personally don't believe she would have if we hadn't complained to the manager.

In the end the food was tasty and well prepared. The manager did give our table a 25% discount which we appreciated but it seemed too little too late. Good attentive service can often make up for poor performance from the kitchen but being ignored for an hour by our server just made everything worse. Needless to say our tip reflected the quality of service.

We usually enjoy a meal at this restaurant during our frequent visits to the Comox Valley but I think we will have to pass for the time being and we will not be recommending Crown Isle for the foreseeable future.

2  Thank Blackduck59
Reviewed July 22, 2014

over an hour for breakfast in a not so busy restaurant....decent breakfast but absent waitress. won't be back

2  Thank deezslue
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I am a regular at the pub at Crown Isle for many years but of late I am not so comfortable sitting there! The padding in the chairs is now sunken and worn out and with it comfort and support. It also makes the tables a little bit too high for ease of eating. Manager/Owners please take note: you need to do an update, the sooner the better. The food and service is always good. Only rarely is service slow - seems when the patio tables are full plus the inside, on some occasions the servers are overwhelmed and then the wait can be too long. Keep up the good work. It is a lovely place to sit and enjoy the peaceful scenery outside.

1  Thank Jenny L