“An Enjoyable Lunch”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Fanny Bay, Canada
“An Enjoyable Lunch”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I enjoyed an pleasant lunch with my daughter. The place was quite busy which is always a good sign. We had been here before for a birthday dinner so thought it was time to come again. It has comfortable seating so you feel quite private, the service was friendly and quick and the food was good.

• Visited April 2014

Courtenay, Canada
“Will not be back”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We went last night to Fluids for the first time and definitely the last time. After sitting down we noticed when we heard young kids that it was a family restaurant, not a night club/bar which we expected. The service was slow, slow, slow. We are thinking we waited over 20 minutes to get our drinks and I was ready to cancel them and walk out. My frozen raspberry margarita ($8.00) was served in a normal tumbler and it wasn't blended well at all, pieces of raspberries in it and the seeds were sticking in my teeth. Food was acceptable, husband's beer was OK. We had to wait forever for our bill. When the food was done, plates taken and just waiting to leave, we were asked if we wanted any water. I didn't believe that is what we heard, so I asked her again what she said and she repeated, do we want any water. I said no, just our bill, we want to leave. Was not impressed at all.

• Visited April 2014
Duncan, Canada
“Smoked Chicken Fetticini”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Fantastic dish. Good portion size. Not many meals grab you in the taste buds like this one does. I will definitely have it again.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Shibert
“Food is a Hit, but”
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Visited Fluid Bar and Grill with a group of girls from out of town for a Birthday. We had called ahead and asked how late food and drinks were served, we were told last call for both was at 11:45. We arrived fairly late, around 10:30. We started off with their feature drink special Margaritas, they use a margarita machine so I'm guessing they add the alcohol after instead of blending it with the product, causing it to thin out Rather quick, not something i would order again because blended beverage consistency is important to me. However for $6.50 for a double I'm surprised I'm complaining. Our server informed us that they were only serving "appies and stuff" because the chef had already left. I Wish we had known this on the phone or we would have come earlier. He wasn't really sure what the kitchen would make, so he had to keep asking. FLUID - you need a late night Menu! a Menu the kitchen is comfortable serving after the chef has gone. This will solve that "Im not sure" problem. As a result we had lots of appetizers, Calamari - Crispy seasoned well with Dill and such. Dry Ribs - Crispy fall off the Bone bites. Spinach Dip - Loaded with spinach and artichokes, great flavor. Baked Brie - who would have thought baking Brie smothered in sweet Thai sauce would be SO good. The Mac and cheese was incredible, I would have to say the best I've ever had. That being said the food at Fluid is a total Hit, their staff friendly, the only thing that wasn't up to standard was how Dirty the menus are. They need a really good clean, I'm surprised they let them get that bad, we all agreed, it's not a good first impression when your going out for food. And that Late night Menu, hint hint. I am looking forward to returning with my husband for lunch in the future. He loves his Mac and cheese.

Courtenay, British Columbia, Canada
“big patio, good bar”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

they have a large patio and nice interior, but for me it is just a bar and grill. The bar food is good so I recommend lunch on the patio on warm sunny days.

Visited July 2013