“Smoked Chicken Fetticini”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Duncan, Canada
“Smoked Chicken Fetticini”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Fantastic dish. Good portion size. Not many meals grab you in the taste buds like this one does. I will definitely have it again.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Shibert

“Food is a Hit, but”
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Visited Fluid Bar and Grill with a group of girls from out of town for a Birthday. We had called ahead and asked how late food and drinks were served, we were told last call for both was at 11:45. We arrived fairly late, around 10:30. We started off with their feature drink special Margaritas, they use a margarita machine so I'm guessing they add the alcohol after instead of blending it with the product, causing it to thin out Rather quick, not something i would order again because blended beverage consistency is important to me. However for $6.50 for a double I'm surprised I'm complaining. Our server informed us that they were only serving "appies and stuff" because the chef had already left. I Wish we had known this on the phone or we would have come earlier. He wasn't really sure what the kitchen would make, so he had to keep asking. FLUID - you need a late night Menu! a Menu the kitchen is comfortable serving after the chef has gone. This will solve that "Im not sure" problem. As a result we had lots of appetizers, Calamari - Crispy seasoned well with Dill and such. Dry Ribs - Crispy fall off the Bone bites. Spinach Dip - Loaded with spinach and artichokes, great flavor. Baked Brie - who would have thought baking Brie smothered in sweet Thai sauce would be SO good. The Mac and cheese was incredible, I would have to say the best I've ever had. That being said the food at Fluid is a total Hit, their staff friendly, the only thing that wasn't up to standard was how Dirty the menus are. They need a really good clean, I'm surprised they let them get that bad, we all agreed, it's not a good first impression when your going out for food. And that Late night Menu, hint hint. I am looking forward to returning with my husband for lunch in the future. He loves his Mac and cheese.

Courtenay, British Columbia, Canada
“big patio, good bar”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

they have a large patio and nice interior, but for me it is just a bar and grill. The bar food is good so I recommend lunch on the patio on warm sunny days.

Visited July 2013
Courtenay, Canada
“A situation done bad.”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We enjoyed a fine meal at Fluid three days ago but when it came time to pay the tab things went sour. A friend had two $10 gift certificates that she was lucky enough to win at her office Christmas party. Apparently when the company purchased the certificates the employee at the restaurant had dated them 2013, for when they were purchased. The waiter advised my friend that they could not be used as the date was wrong, fine so far. She asked to see the manager, calmly and politely to sort out the problem.The table was approached by a man who introduced himself as Brandon, one of the owners. He was obviously angry from the get-go, claiming the certificates were only good for a limited time. My friend explained that according to the stamp they were good for another six weeks and that they had been purchased just before Xmas by her firm for the Xmas party. Brandon refused to accept this and became more confrontational, claiming he would have to go "all the way down" to the basement and dig out the books to confirm the correctness of the statement and he was too busy. For a small confusion over $20 he offended 6 people, most of whom will not return. Maybe customer service is not such an easy thing.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Marie F
Courtenay, Canada
“Not Great”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Had a family birthday dinner. The service was abrupt and robotic. While it is nice to see that they no longer hire servers simply for being tall blonde and pretty; last night's waiter could use a dash of personality. The restaurant was not overly busy but there were long delays between his visits to our table as well as a long delay to finally receive our food. 6 of the 7 meals were alright, however my husbands steak which was ordered medium well was medium on one side and rare on the other. Unfortunately this restaurant never quite lives up to expectations .